Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Berry mini T tub
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trashman068
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Berry mini T tub Reply with quote

I just bought a Berry mini T I always wanted since I played with red line matchbox cars!!! I need some info I have full size pan tub model . Hope to figure out how to mount hood over motor and maybe a few facts ? I'll send some pics I would like to get rear upulsty and top ,side window vent or whatever there called and a emblem any info would be greatlying appreciated thanks !!!

Frank
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Berry mini T tub Reply with quote

Does it have a Berry Mini-T 4 serial number tag?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Trashman068
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Berry mini T tub Reply with quote

I will check it has tag on dash area!!!!!!!! You must have some knowledge about them ! I really would like to put motor cover on right!!! And those other things I'll try to find little by little but I'm walking out to get tag # now it is 11194 !!!
Thanks for responding any help would be awsome have couple other air cooled in family but only fiberglass buggy!
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Berry mini T tub Reply with quote

Do you also have a tag like this?

You should try to get a copy of the April 1970 Dune Buggy & Hot VWs Magazine, it has an article on the Berry Mini-T 4.

Here's how the engine cover mounts.

And some original emblems on a Mini-T 4

Trashman068
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Berry mini T tub Reply with quote

Thank you so much I have something to go from I will try to get that magazine. I'm headed to LA Products tommorow in Akron ohio to get a few things.they are wonderful family owned company I'm hoping they have worked on a few or put um together. Myers,berium, ocelot, and a few others were real popular around northeastern ohio in 70's but not so much anymore. I would really like to fingers some one who can help me find rear interior or make it and top other than that this buggy ready to go after winter .

All the old ads I found have a emblem like a bird or flame or something even triangle strip with something on it between head lights ay clue what that is??? Thanks again !!!!!!!!!
I would have imed you but it says I can't do yet I do have a friend that's a Manx nut I see you must like them too I'll talk to you soon !
HAVE GOOD THANKSGIVING! !!!#
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Berry mini T tub Reply with quote

Berry often just used their trademark script name for an insignia. This is the only enclosed emblem Berry insignia I've seen

Here is their race buggy with the script name

Several of the pictures of the Berry Mini-T 4 which I posted above are from this ad. It was really nicely done with pin striping and the painted on logos. It also has the wind wings

http://www.autobia.com/car-detail/other/Volkswagen...66231.html
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Berry mini T tub Reply with quote

Frank, you have me curious.

You name as Trashman, and you show Rome Ohio. I worked for 10 years for a family owned trash/disposal company based out of Cincinnati and worked out of the Wellston OH landfill, and then the Pike County Landfill once they bought it in '13. I retired in '13 3 month's after the Pike County Operation was purchased.

Would you be in the waste hauling business?

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: