Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it was a beautiful two days at Afton Canyon, Fri and Sat great weather , Sun, clouds started to appear . Started raining a little on the way home. Put about 80 miles on Brad's Baja, ( the Bradmobile ) lots of fun...... Brad said to take this car out into the desert and beat the shit out of it , we came back with a few minor things broken, so I guess we accomplished that task, , haha car was still in good enough shape to drive it home, about 130 miles

bradsdad
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirty one years ago you were born my son, Ill never forget the happiness.. God bless you

Dad
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Brad.

With *****, "Bullshit Happens"!
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Well we are at it again rebuilding another Baja Bug, this one for Brian Reimers . I guess you might say he was Brad's best friend. He was out with us at Afton Canyon a few weeks ago having fun and just decided he should have his own car. And so here we go again repairing and modifying this Car. We started out with an existing 1970 Baja and the work continues every weekend. About six weeks into it now and making a lot of progress. Usually 4 to 5 of us over here drinking beer, discussing things and gittin em done. Oh yes having a hell out a lot of fun in the process.
Bradsdad
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

BradsDad wrote:
Well we are at it again rebuilding another Baja Bug, this one for Brian Reimers . I guess you might say he was Brad's best friend. He was out with us at Afton Canyon a few weeks ago having fun and just decided he should have his own car. And so here we go again repairing and modifying this Car. We started out with an existing 1970 Baja and the work continues every weekend. About six weeks into it now and making a lot of progress. Usually 4 to 5 of us over here drinking beer, discussing things and gittin em done. Oh yes having a hell out a lot of fun in the process.
Bradsdad

Keep knocking them out Owen!

Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Might as well keep them All on the road for All the crew! They make good daily drivers/second cars anyway. Twisted Evil
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Another Christmas has passed and Its been six years since Brad passed and left us to fend for ourselves with these Volkswagens. Some of us got together yesterday as we do every year to celebrate Brad's life. A few beers, some stories and a few salutes to him................good times overall. Six years since Brad has left us....................God bless you my son.
Bradsdad
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

BradsDad wrote:
Another Christmas has passed and Its been six years since Brad passed and left us to fend for ourselves with these Volkswagens. Some of us got together yesterday as we do every year to celebrate Brad's life. A few beers, some stories and a few salutes to him................good times overall. Six years since Brad has left us....................God bless you my son.
Bradsdad

He was in our thoughts the whole day.........

BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Well here goes another one of those Baja projects. Brian Reimers' Baja project is about 90 percent complete. He just had ear surgery so that will slow him down a little bit for a while. Carl Miller brought a 72 bug down from Santa Rosa Saturday for TK also known as tire kicker in the Samba. TK figured if Reimers is going to have a Baja, he should have one too..................so why not have two Bajas going at the same time. Yesterday TK and I set the rear torsion bars to get maximum height in the rear of the car. next weekend it begins. TK will probably take and post pictures of his project I assume , His build will be class 11, so all the fenders etc stay, along with the front and rear clips. Regardless of what style they are .........its getting out in the boonies that counts.
bradsdad
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

BradsDad wrote:
Well here goes another one of those Baja projects. Brian Reimers' Baja project is about 90 percent complete. He just had ear surgery so that will slow him down a little bit for a while. Carl Miller brought a 72 bug down from Santa Rosa Saturday for TK also known as tire kicker in the Samba. TK figured if Reimers is going to have a Baja, he should have one too..................so why not have two Bajas going at the same time. Yesterday TK and I set the rear torsion bars to get maximum height in the rear of the car. next weekend it begins. TK will probably take and post pictures of his project I assume , His build will be class 11, so all the fenders etc stay, along with the front and rear clips. Regardless of what style they are .........its getting out in the boonies that counts.
bradsdad

It's good to hear that your shop is up and running strong!

BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

April 15th were headed out again to the Afton Canyon area again to raise a little hell, but not to much. Four cars this time Reimer's new car, Steve Garcia's car, Brandon Doyle's and then mine which was Brad's from the get-go. We will be in the area of the historic Mojave Road and will mess around in that area for a few days..........a lot of history there. We took that road round trip and spent five days making that 300 miles, Brad had his eight birthday on the road back in 1992, we even had a birthday cake for him out in the middle of nowhere. Fond memories.
bradsdad
tirekicker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

going through the pictures of this weekend. Mighty fine times out in the Mojave folks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

(16:45:42) Russ_Wolfe: TK, you are like a Maytag washer
(16:46:44) tirekicker: and what's a maytag washer?
(16:47:35) Russ_Wolfe: If you are not agitating, you are not working right
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Allright folks we just finished a trip down the Mojave Road from Laughlin Nev to Afton Canyon state park in the same four cars pictured above. The trip was about 140 miles long including the detours, damage done by some nasty summer storms in the desert. It took us about three hours just to find the entrance to the road. we were starting to wonder where in the f we were, We finally found the road with some dead reconning and some good luck. You can get an idea whats going on out there by typing in " Mojave Road in You Tube ". Lots of videos there. We made it in about 10 miles before hitting another detour, this one about 15 miles long. The road was beautiful as usual and the smells from new desert growth was fantastic. Steve Garcia built a rack for the Yellow Bradmobile long enough for me to sleep in and with a ladder up the side of the car for easy access. I slept in it 2 nights........It was very comfortable I enjoyed it very much. Other Travelers slept in hammocks and tents. Very little trouble with the cars on this trip , I had a flat on the rear tire punctrured by a sharp rock ?? Had to drive 24 miles on the !5 to Baker Ca to get it fixed, it was slow going getting there. Tried 3 different shops and then finially found the right guys that fixed with a big truck patch.
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Drove another 80 miles or so, and then Brian Reimers left rear wheel started making clicking/clacking noises, We tried making repairs but could not loosen the axle nut. Eventually we got ahold of towing service with the 36mm socket and wrenches we needed to do the repair job, the tow truck met us at Kelbaker and Aiken Mine road. The guys went right to work getting that drum off and found broken and bent bolts that hold the backing plate and bearing housing on. We had to rob a couple of bolts from other places on the car that were not as important as the wheel. After the repair we had about 40 miles to go and they went smoothly, A great trip, beautiful country and a lot of history. Everybody should make this trip at least once in their lives.
Bradsdad
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Such a great trip. Can't wait for the next one.

BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

32 years today you were born my son. As time goes by I miss you and love you more and more So proud of you..................
love dad
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Happy birthday Bradley!
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Spent a few days reading this whole thread again. Teared up, laughed and did a lot of thinking and remembering.
Coming up on seven years since we all said our alohas to Brad. Sure doesn't seem that long ago and yet it seems like forever ago.

Aloha HBB

Mele Kalikimaka to the rest of you.

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

DraginInk wrote:
Sure doesn't seem that long ago and yet it seems like forever ago.

Yup. Sure do miss you Brad.
Special thoughts to Brad's family.

MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

So here we are again. 7 years. Hard to believe it's been that long. Did what I usually do and re-read part of the thread and relived those last few days. I still feel we were all cheated out of years of laughs and good times, but that's the way life goes, I guess.

Happiest of holidays to all Samba folk. I really miss the rants/chat years and the fun we used to have. There are some special people that have come and gone and it's really cool that we can still come to TS and bullshit like we used to.

Still miss ya, Bradley. Can't believe we've managed 7 years without our "little brother".

Keep smilin', folks.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Jump to:
Page 74 of 78

Jump to: