Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

wire cover question
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Ray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: wire cover question Reply with quote

I have a 63 sunroof with a dealer installed gas heater in the trunk. I want to buy one of these http://www.jbugs.com/product/3570.html

I don't know if I can get it installed with the gas heater there so close to the glove box. Has anyone here ever installed with this situation? Don't want to waste the money if it won't work.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61SNRF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: wire cover question Reply with quote

There was more than one gas heater made for VW in the period, Eberspacher, Stewart Warner, Webasto and Perfection.

Each one has different placement, size and fittings.

Depending on which one you have, as was done when first installed by the dealer, you might have to cut and modify the cover to fit. No big deal, if you like the heater and it's staying in the car, then you cut the cover.

There are a few installation manuals in the Technical archives that might show you where and how much to cut the cover, see if yours is listed here...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/heater_ac.php

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: