Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tasb - [email protected] - Tim
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: tasb
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
empi3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim rebuilt two distributors for me, 13 day turn around and they look great. Can't ask for more than that!!

Steve
Mr. Twisted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim hooked me up with a rebuilt Distributor to replace the one I lost to a fire. I received the package yesterday and was blown away. His workmanship and attention to detail was above my expectations. This was a perfect match to the one that was destroyed, I couldn't be more pleased......Thanks Tim..

If you're off the Bus, you're not on the Bus......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I bought a rebuilt distributor from Tim & I couldn't be happier. Fast turnaround...fair price... got me some missing bits I needed + it looks fantastic.
Thanks Tim!
-Evan
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

my 2nd distributor from Tim and coulnt be happier. thanks from Malaysia.
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Bought some Top Latches from Tim, Received as described, Fast Shipping and his communication was Excellent!
poolbizz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Received a 113 905 205 t from Tim today Perfect ,
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

my 3rd purchase has some hiccups, sent a few emails and still waiting for reply.

Tim, if you are reading this, please get back to me.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I bought a core distributor from Tim to rebuild. Tim picked out a good core and then shipped it out quickly. I took it apart and it was exactly what I was looking for.

I also want to thank Tim for his help when I've had questions while rebuilding my VW's distributors. He's always very friendly and helpful.

Thanks again Tim

Bill

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

pupjoint wrote:
my 3rd purchase has some hiccups, sent a few emails and still waiting for reply.

Tim, if you are reading this, please get back to me.

Tim, i last sent you an email on the 29th Feb and am still waiting for a reply.

as can be seen from my feedback here, my first 2 transactions with Tim went great, but the 3rd had some issues and Tim hasnt responded yet.
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Purchased a rebuilt 71 Bus distributor from Tim. Super fast shipping. Will definitely do business again. Thanks Tim!
diablosandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Bought a 205K distributor from Tim. Mailed the money order on Saturday from Illinois and had the distributor on the following Thursday. It works and looks great. Thanks. Go Redbirds!
kevin77westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Bought a 205T distributor from Tim for my 1600SP. Looks and works great. Very satisfied with the purchase. Great improvement over the 009 I was running.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I'm back for more of Tim's expert rebuilding. I sent him a couple Porsche distributors and a 205N to re-do. They look fantastic, he took care of all the details I was hoping for and I'm happy to support such a real asset to the VW community. Thanks again Tim!
JDV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Ad text for a distributor that I purchased.

All German Restored SVDA Distributor for 34 PICT Price: $169 delivered
Here is a great all Bosch German SVDA distributor that was only issued in Europe in 1971 and 1972, before emissions regulations came into effect. It has all Bosch tune up parts installed. This distributor was designed to be mated to the 34 PICT 3 carburetor. The VW #: 113 905 205 AL. The Bosch # 0 231 146 101. It is static timed at 5 degrees ATDC and delivers 20 degrees of mechanical advance and 12 degrees of vacuum advance at 180 mm Hg. This distributor is ready to install. I have restored several of these for customers and they are all very happy with them.

All distributors are completely disassembled,missing parts replaced and all parts thuroughly cleaned with non-toxic solvents. Cast iron bodies are painted with semi-gloss black engine paint. Units are reshimmed including new oil seals. Ground wires are checked using a VOM, points cams are checked for scratches and lightly polished. All moving parts are lubricated and Bosch grease is applied to the points cam. Each distributor is carefully reassembled and vacuum cans are tested using my restored 1947 Sun MSD distributor machine.

What I received was a distributor with mismatched tuneup parts, condensor with a seperated wire, and a distributor that had not had the care that I would expect a "restored" product would get and not in keeping with the description and intent of the ad text.

Initial email, purchase, and shipping were really easy.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Quote:
What I received was a distributor with mismatched tuneup parts, condensor with a seperated wire, and a distributor that had not had the care that I would expect a "restored" product would get and not in keeping with the description and intent of the ad text.

Initial email, purchase, and shipping were really easy.

"Care" is as subjective as "restored."
Tim provides a HUGE service to the VW community.
If you wanted a buffed & polished distributor body... I could see how you'd be disappointed. That kind of care comes per special request... ahead of time.
Tim has provided me with top notch service.
-e

Last edited by easy e on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Joel, was apparently expecting a brand new distributor. I did run out of the new Bosch rotors and installed an NOS Delco Remy rotor. The wire coming out of the plug had the insulation pulled away from it slightly. That happens sometimes even on an NOS Bosch condenser. Joel claimed that I never even disassembled the distributor which is ridiculous.

I have restored more than 500 distributors. Joel's expectations were not realistic and he was refunded in full $200 including his initial shipping costs. This was done before he decided to leave negative feedback.

What I did not refund was the $13.25 costs of returning a distributor that after my evaluation did not need to be returned.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim, what about my email reply? it has been more than a month and i never got a single reply. this is for the 019.
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I used to get Samba notifications when someone posted on my feedback thread. I don't randomly search/check my feedback. Looks like that may no longer be happening. Pupjoint, I have not received any regular emails from you about the 019 either. I am still here still building distributors for the VW community. I will try PM'ing you and we can go from there.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JDV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I don't think I am being unreasonable. My expectation was based on your ad. What you sent me did not reflect what you stated in your Ad. I never expected a "new" unit. Just a restored version fitting your description. I never expected a polished unit. When did I ever say that? It does not state that in your Ad. I don't know how else to say it. My expectation was only based on what you wrote in your ad and nothing else.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Condition of the shaft felt, condition of the cam lobes. Condition of the breaker plate and ground wire. Oil/grease buildup between and around breaker plate. Ad stated complete disassembly, cleaning in solvent.

Condition of Cam lobe. Shows discoloration, and pitting around the shaft including areas in contact with the breaker points. Ad stated complete disassembly, thorough cleaning with solvents, point cams inspected for scratches and lightly polished.

"NOS" unmarked rotor? Ad stated ALL Bosch tuneup parts installed

condition of bottom of shaft. You can see the oil/grease buildup that I would expect a completely disassembled and cleaned in solvents to not have.

Condition of lower body. Oil passage and groove show oil/grease buildup that one would expect to be cleaned off if completely disassembled and cleaned with solvent. Also if you look in the passage hole you can see more oil/grease buildup. Ad states new oil seals. used O ring left in place. Ad states complete disassembly, however the pin that you have to mechanically press out to disassemble this unit Completely shows oil/grease build up, and no signs on either end of that.

Condition of the unmarked condenser with damage to the wire before entering the plug through the body. Ad states ALL Bosch parts. I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect this piece to be undamaged.

I don't think it was necessary to dismiss my concerns so easily, call me emotional, call my assessment of your product absurd or ridiculous. Not a good business practice.

Nothing personal. I see that you sell a lot of parts and share a lot of knowledge, which I have even benefitted from. Feedback is here for us to use. If you read it again you will see that I left both good and bad.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

JDV wrote:
I don't think I am being unreasonable. My expectation was based on your ad. What you sent me did not reflect what you stated in your Ad. I never expected a "new" unit. Just a restored version fitting your description. I never expected a polished unit. When did I ever say that? It does not state that in your Ad. I don't know how else to say it. My expectation was only based on what you wrote in your ad and nothing else.

Condition of the shaft felt, condition of the cam lobes. Condition of the breaker plate and ground wire. Oil/grease buildup between and around breaker plate. Ad stated complete disassembly, cleaning in solvent.

Condition of Cam lobe. Shows discoloration, and pitting around the shaft including areas in contact with the breaker points. Ad stated complete disassembly, thorough cleaning with solvents, point cams inspected for scratches and lightly polished.

"NOS" unmarked rotor? Ad stated ALL Bosch tuneup parts installed

condition of bottom of shaft. You can see the oil/grease buildup that I would expect a completely disassembled and cleaned in solvents to not have.

Condition of lower body. Oil passage and groove show oil/grease buildup that one would expect to be cleaned off if completely disassembled and cleaned with solvent. Also if you look in the passage hole you can see more oil/grease buildup. Ad states new oil seals. used O ring left in place. Ad states complete disassembly, however the pin that you have to mechanically press out to disassemble this unit Completely shows oil/grease build up, and no signs on either end of that.

Condition of the unmarked condenser with damage to the wire before entering the plug through the body. Ad states ALL Bosch parts. I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect this piece to be undamaged.

I don't think it was necessary to dismiss my concerns so easily, call me emotional, call my assessment of your product absurd or ridiculous. Not a good business practice.

Nothing personal. I see that you sell a lot of parts and share a lot of knowledge, which I have even benefitted from. Feedback is here for us to use. If you read it again you will see that I left both good and bad.

Looks like just some points, cond. and cheap rotor thrown on a used Dist...
I agree, I would have expected better if stated as "cleaned/restored"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: