Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

71 deluxe" standard issue"
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vdubluver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

Can someone inform me of the "standard issue" items on a 71 deluxe? I am piecing mine back together after many years of being "robbed" by p.o.'s For instance did it come with the hard plastic spare tire cover. or the vinyl cover? I don't have one at all. Also did they come with the window winders that had the chrome/plastic or just black plastic like I got. One more thing just off the top of my head how about the interior door handles black plastic or metal Chome like finish"or plastic I'm not for sure I got black plastic "Any other items that were deluxe model only I would appreciate to know. o I don't know if it being a sunroof model matters or not but mine is one. Damn one more thing was the bumper molding just a Europe thing or did it come on us models too ok I think I'm done for now Confused Thanks for any help
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

Vdubluver wrote:
Can someone inform me of the "standard issue" items on a 71 deluxe? I am piecing mine back together after many years of being "robbed" by p.o.'s For instance did it come with the hard plastic spare tire cover. or the vinyl cover? I don't have one at all. Also did they come with the window winders that had the chrome/plastic or just black plastic like I got. One more thing just off the top of my head how about the interior door handles black plastic or metal Chome like finish"or plastic I'm not for sure I got black plastic "Any other items that were deluxe model only I would appreciate to know. o I don't know if it being a sunroof model matters or not but mine is one. Damn one more thing was the bumper molding just a Europe thing or did it come on us models too ok I think I'm done for now Confused Thanks for any help

As soon as VW returned to white paint above the belt moulding, the interiors were all white paint with monochromatic interior panels. I believe this was the year that black plastic door handle surrounds and window winders were used. Plastic spare tire cover was gray til the end. Bumpers were plain in U.S. First year of ceiling grab handles.

You can't use the sales literature or owners manuals to help you because they robbed earlier photographs recklessly.
Colin
Vdubluver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

good to know thanks. Now I don't have any door panels but I do have the door air vents/ arm rest but on the front side of the door there is no way for the air to pass thru to the door to ultimately make it to the back. does anyone know the part number for this vent part?(and possibly a picture,)i think I know what they look like just want to make sure.ive got a cover.i do have(installed) all the vent pieces that the door meet up with when closed.
Vdubluver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

Sorry upon rereading my post it sounds confussing. I obviously don't have the door vents on, but I do have the vent pieces behind the door in the bulk head in/on.The piece(s) I'm wondering about are under the dash of the bus not attached to the door, they meet up with the door vents thanks again
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

Vdubluver wrote:
Sorry upon rereading my post it sounds confussing. I obviously don't have the door vents on, but I do have the vent pieces behind the door in the bulk head in/on.The piece(s) I'm wondering about are under the dash of the bus not attached to the door, they meet up with the door vents thanks again

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

Plenty of the plastic duct ends here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...ton=Search
Now you just have to decide how much you want to pay Very Happy

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Vdubluver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

yes that is what I'm talking about.Are they universal thoughout the years or early/late like the bus itself over the years?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

One size fits all as far as the front ends go.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Vdubluver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 71 deluxe" standard issue" Reply with quote

cool thanks you gu, taught me something new thanks again
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: