Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

74 "Super Beetle"
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

Had the car 35 years and don't know the difference between a Super and a Standard.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1828817
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

Looks nice with the cover on.
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

At least he spelled beetle correctly.
69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

hmm he is close to me, maybe i'll pick it up and convert it back to a standard beetle Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
StephenDerek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NOT a Super
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

Only a hour away from me. Maybe I'll go check it too. Laughing
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

It appears none of you read the ad. Jeez, read the ad. It tells you all about the car. It's one of those ultra rare flat window '74 Super Beetle, Standard beetle things. I mean look, it has the "D" openings in the front wings for the bumper shocks.

johnL (aka H2OSB)
www.superbeetlesonly.com
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

No, I read the ad. That's why I posted it.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikeonthebike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

I don't think he got it John.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

I got the sarcasm. I was being sarcastic back.
07 Boxster
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 "Super Beetle" Reply with quote

For some reason unknown to me, I used to have a habit of looking through Samba car ads and then telling the owners when they listed a car the wrong way. I was always very polite about it.

About two years ago, I came upon one such ad where the guy was selling what was clearly some red standard sedan. I said "Sir, you've probably been told this before, but the car you're selling is a standard Beetle, not a Super beetle". He responded thus: "WELL, IT APPEARS YOU'RE THE ONLY WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT MY CAR IS...IT MOST CERTAINLY IS A SUPER BEETLE!!" I decided to stop helping people on Samba ads after that.

johnL (aka H2OSB)
www.superbeetlesonly.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: