Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel Injection removal
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Fuel Injection removal Reply with quote

... not what you think Smile

I was looking for information on pulling out an FI engine complete with all the FI wiring for reuse. Pulling the engine is easy enough, a few cables, a few wires and a fuel line. What I was looking for was how to extract the fuel injection wiring harness as complete as possible. I'm guessing the fuel pump wire has to be cut, but I would like to get the harness mostly intact to transfer to another VW.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Injection removal Reply with quote

I can't recall what a bug is like but a bus FI harness is independant of the vehicle harness, the fuel pump wire will likely have to be added but the rest should come out as a unit. Usually all white wires.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
volksworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Injection removal Reply with quote

the F.I. harness just goes thru a big rubber grommet into the rear package area where it plugs into the ecu..once you remove the grommet the ecu plug pulls right out the hole...the dual relay is back there also...it has its own harness that goes to the battery to power the fuel pump ..just pull up the carpet to get that...has a wire that goes to the starter to trigger the cold start valve...yeah probably easier to cut the wire to the pump itself...not hard to do and self explanatory once you get into it
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Injection removal Reply with quote

Thank you! I found where the wires go through the tar board behind the fan so I can figure that out after the engine is pulled. There is another small while jacketed group of wires (the white jacket is about the size of a pencil) that passes through above that. The tar board is as stiff as a rock. Does anyone know where that bundle goes?
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Injection removal Reply with quote

EVfun wrote:
Thank you! I found where the wires go through the tar board behind the fan so I can figure that out after the engine is pulled. There is another small while jacketed group of wires (the white jacket is about the size of a pencil) that passes through above that. The tar board is as stiff as a rock. Does anyone know where that bundle goes?

Are you talking about the double relay?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Injection removal Reply with quote

You also have the fuel injection resistor pack which is hiding behind the tarboard on the passenger side.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: