Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
barfy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

So my wife ended up looking at this car and wants me to go look at it. I know nothing about it. It is used has 17000 miles for $22000 at a credit union lot.
293hp v6. Says it is pretty loaded.

Anyone know anything as far as reliability etc?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

Hyundai & Kia must be Korean words for pacifier, they make every poor broke person that buys them think they bought a good deal when in reality they got a subpar rolling death trap that falls in value almost as fast as the crap parts on them get discontinued.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

Huyndai makes great economy cars. Kia does too.

But if I wanted a luxury car I would look elsewhere. Not that I would ever want a luxury car but if I did have one why would I want ond with a kia logo on it?

To me it is like trying to buy an economy aston martin. It doesnt exist but even if it did I would be a little weirded out.

-Frank.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

I have rented Hyundais many times, love them for rentals, great mileage and seem very reliable. The Azera is a bit nicer than normal, has lots of features for the money, and will probably be very reliable. Would be interested in what kind of mechanical warranty came with the car. I recently bought a certified 2014 Honda Accord, 10 year 100,000 warranty on everything. I am more worried about all the electronics than the mechanicals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cn63bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

I never thought that I would own a Kia. But, my wife decided she had wanted one, so we bought a Sportage. I have to say that it has been a very reliable and enjoyable car to own. Still doesn't hold a candle to my 66, but still nice though Wink
(and Kia is made by Hyundai in case no one knew)
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

$40k for a Hyundai? Some things never cease to amaze me.

You can buy a real nice high end used car (sub 20k miles) for that price and enjoy driving. I would ride in one of these before I spent $40k on a Hyundai:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/644791801/overview/
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

well there made in alabammer.......but dont hold that agnist them. I wonder how many epa scams they pulled....... Rolling Eyes somuch for vw's reputation... Wink in my 54 years Ive seen oh somany effed up cars&trucks & motor cycles. most due to.....waite hear it comes.........it's comming....... THE OWNER,DRIVER,MORON WORKING ON THEM. but yes there were a few not so good cars too.like the yugo,and the first generation of paperless cars.( all done on the computer by knowitalls, that knew squat.....like the first dodge intrepids. none of thje suspension geometry was right or even close and they just killed them selvs and wore out the parts in a bind every bump and corrner. there have always been stuff like that.but the good thing about hundie and kia is.....they let everybody else do all the work and coppied it .with little changes.good thing they didnt coppy vw.
barfy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

I went for a test drive. Had decent power, very roomy, huge trunk(fit a couple dead bodies), etc. Has heated, cooled front and heated rear seats I think we are going to pass on it. Just not sure how it would hold up in 5 to 10 years
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

10 year warranty!!!! sell it at 9. Rolling Eyes
well it's not always the car as I said. sometimes it's the dealer Shocked my daughters kia had an issue in the summer.the dealer said it had diesel in the fuel... they drained the tank and it was separated ...they kept a sample for us to see, and said the fuel pump was deal from it and kia would require a fuel sample and were not going to cover it....... and wanted around $1500 for it and the injectors&whatever.....then I told them diesel was petrolium and I had worked on cars professionally for most of my life ....and diesel did not seprate from gas being it is the same dam thing!!!! just distilled at diferent weights.....some how kia now agreed to pay for the repair. Shocked effing scaming dealers.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

You guys kill me Laughing
any of you naysayers actually own a Kia or a Hyundai?
Or maybe even had any ACTUAL experience with one?

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

I did. Wink
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

Nope...glad to say I have never owned either. I have ridden in plenty of them though.

My sister's Sonata threw a rod at 105k miles. My sister-in-laws Santa Fe has a gas gauge that doesn't work, A/C compressor that seized and it goes through tires for some reason.

Stop and helped a friend whose Kia blew out a heater fitting which is apparently pressed into the block.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

Do they come with a spare tire?
A friend of mine got a flat, went to change it and found out there was no spare. Shocked
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:

I have a hyundai Elantra GT, and my wife has a Mazda 3 Sport.

If i had to pick again, i'd go with Mazda long before Hyundai.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:

I've worked on enough to know I'll never own one or suggest that anyone should buy one. We won't kill you but the Hyundai/Kia might. I have a friend whose father was killed in one & it surely didn't provide much crash protection.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a hyundai Elantra GT, and my wife has a Mazda 3 Sport.

That's funny....my sister always had Mazda 3's (Well a Protégé back in the day). We sold her Protégé with 189k on the clock, with the original clutch, and she bought the Sonata. It exploded right after the warranty expired and it left her with an outstanding loan and a blown motor.

She went back to the Mazda 3 and we just got rid of that one with 180k (still original clutch) and got her a C300.

IMO there is no comparing a Hyundai with a Mazda for quality
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:

Not the Azera but...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/video-hub/cars/...559890001/

morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

Remember Fords Aspire? Guess who's mfg tag is on firewall. Worked 4 a courier 4 about 6 yrs, that's what thry used, 7days a week, all kinds of drivers. Tough cars, all over 200k, some pushing 300k, only norm maint, non had clutches yet either as i was familiar with the servicing,everyone screws up sometime and makes a good one I talked to a Kia salesman recently about the Soul,especially the warranty, have to do at dealer, any , even small variance they will cancel your warranty, aftrr all added up total was enuf to buy something more practical at same price.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
slave1pilot wrote:

Not the Azera but...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/video-hub/cars/...559890001/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carmd-2015...89187.html

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 hyndai azera anything good, bad, about them? Reply with quote

morymob wrote:
Remember Fords Aspire? Guess who's mfg tag is on firewall. Worked 4 a courier 4 about 6 yrs, that's what thry used, 7days a week, all kinds of drivers. Tough cars, all over 200k, some pushing 300k, only norm maint, non had clutches yet either as i was familiar with the servicing,everyone screws up sometime and makes a good one I talked to a Kia salesman recently about the Soul,especially the warranty, have to do at dealer, any , even small variance they will cancel your warranty, aftrr all added up total was enuf to buy something more practical at same price.

It's really not fair to compare a car that stopped being produced nearly 15 years ago to a current model.
the Company has greatly improved since then.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: