Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

914 no FI
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: 914 no FI Reply with quote

Just inherited a 74 914. The entire fuel system is missing; gas tank, FI electronics, all sensors, everything. Otherwise the car is complete.

The cost to replace the FI and make it work appears prohibitive. My question is this; will a carb (or carbs) install on a once-FI'd engine damage anything? There seems to be lots of discussion about piston crowns and cams, etc. I can't see a problem but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I am not looking for 'performance' beyond start and drive around on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks much
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 914 no FI Reply with quote

Weber IDFs, just get a Type 4 VW kit.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 914 no FI Reply with quote

cdm wrote:
Just inherited a 74 914. The entire fuel system is missing; gas tank, FI electronics, all sensors, everything. Otherwise the car is complete.

The cost to replace the FI and make it work appears prohibitive. My question is this; will a carb (or carbs) install on a once-FI'd engine damage anything? There seems to be lots of discussion about piston crowns and cams, etc. I can't see a problem but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I am not looking for 'performance' beyond start and drive around on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks much

If its 1.7 or 1.8....complete systems can be had for a couple hundred if you look around. Both the D-jet and L-jet or 1.7 and 1.8 respectively.....are identicql down to the last part # to the 1.7 and 1.8 systems in the VW 411 and 412. So was the camshaft, heads, halves, compression ratio, ignition, sensors, hp and torque ratings.

The harness from wagon versions fit the 914 better.

The 2.0 had slightly different plenum, runners, injectors and TB......but all else is the same as the 1.7....MPS, ECU, sensors etc. Not that hard to find. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: