Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

another exhaust question
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
efannin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: another exhaust question Reply with quote

I have read a ton of exhaust threads in here and have a quick question.

The thing I just bought has a stinger exhaust on it. obviously very loud. I am looking at the tri-mil thing exhaust from aircooled.net but am hesitant because of people saying it is loud.

If a stock exhaust is a one and a stinger is a ten, where would the tri-mil rate?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I don't want to buy twice if i dont have to.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

five. I wouldnt buy one. when i gets some money, im going to go with the vintage speed exhaust.

when you searched, did you read the sticky?: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332901

page 3 has a discussion about the loudness of the trimill

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Bohdan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

I would agree with yarkle. Five is about right. I have the ceramic coated Tri-Mil and love it. It is on a show car. ...On the trailer....off the trailer........
ente_kaefer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

I have the Tri-Mil on my 1973 Thing, I would have preferred to install the correct type of exhaust system, but they were not available two years ago, and now they are.

My car had a Monza style exhaust system installed by a previous owner when I purchased it, the 'guts' blew out the tailpipe in bits of rust when I first started the car, now, that was loud.

Compared to the Type 1 stock system, the Tri-Mil is louder that I am accustomed to, but it will work for me know. I will probably go to a stock exhaust type system in the spring of 2016.
efannin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I pulled the trigger in the vintage speed. I'll put pics up when it comes in and I install it.
Rev. Scott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

I don't mind a bit of rumble. I like my Tri-Mill. I have definitely had louder exhaust that I did not appreciate. I'd put the Tri-mill at a four, max.
Zylinderkopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

efannin wrote:
Thanks for the info. I pulled the trigger in the vintage speed. I'll put pics up when it comes in and I install it.

please do and also let us know how the installation went. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that system as well. It looks awesome!
1971 Super Beetle
1974 Thing

"A lot of people never use their initiative because no one told them to."
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: