Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Short Wolfsburg Center Cap Question
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TattoodBoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Short Wolfsburg Center Cap Question Reply with quote

Been trying to find two center caps that have been lost. The caps I have found are the new style that are tall but I need the shorter ones...they just look better on these rims. I don't know what brand rims they are
they were on the bug when I got it.

So my question is...
anybody know where I could source these or is there another cap that would work?

thanks for your tips....
Sizes are 2 5/8 ID with a height of 1"
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Short Wolfsburg Center Cap Question Reply with quote

I searched Google on "EMPI Wolfsburg Center Cap"... since looks like 5-spoke EMPI wheels... but maybe American Eagle:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1197415

"These are the new generation of Wolfsberg alloy caps as American Eagle started back 5 years ago cutting the snout down on their wheels, so these caps are taller to make up what they cut off."

Old vs. new style:

Might have to buy the new style... can machine them down on the backside to be the thin style & drill / tap for set screws.

Might find old style in the classifieds... or put up a WTB ad.

Either way... use blue loc-tite on the set screws to keep you from losing them again.
TattoodBoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Short Wolfsburg Center Cap Question Reply with quote

Yep...those arevtge ones i need. Crazy they dont make em anymore given all the wheels out there that need them and tge propensity of them coming off. I bought the new style and put them on but they just look clunky and dont look right.
Thank you so much for your input...i'll keep looking in the classifieds, you never know.
Thanks again
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Short Wolfsburg Center Cap Question Reply with quote

I might have an extra one. I sold my wheels and couldnt find it at the time, popped up recently. I bought mine in 93. Not many people had them they were too expensive. I think they were like $50. Everyone I knew ran the stock plastic domes that were free. I think Carcraft or Barrett Interprises is where I got them.
TattoodBoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Short Wolfsburg Center Cap Question Reply with quote

Awesome Jason...would you consider selling it? Maybe post a picture? That would be one side of the car complete...
Thanks again,
Brian
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: