Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Steve's Independent Porsche Repair contact info?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
catahoula lou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Steve's Independent Porsche Repair contact info? Reply with quote

Does anyone here have contact info for Steve of Steve's Independent Porsche repair of Orange CA?

A guy I met suggested that I should contact Steve regarding my friend's 356C. Apparently, Steve shut down his business, as the phone number listed online at several sources is now incorrect...

Best,

Thom
1 1958 pantina red Lowlight Ghia (the "Chili Pepper")

Still looking for:
(1) My Dad's 1955 356 (he raced it amateur-class at Riverside and other courses during 1950s),
(2) My parent's black 1955 hardtop bug (CA license plate FWC 201 or FWG 201), and
(3) My parent's agave green 1957 ragtop bug (CA license plate LFK 734).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Steve's Independent Porsche Repair contact info? Reply with quote

Unfortunately Steve has some health issues that have forced him to close up shop, which is a shame for several reasons. He is a hell of a 356 mechanic and his services will be missed. Depending on where your friend's 356C is located I highly recommend Jack Staggs in San Clemente. He has been working on 356's for 40+ years and knows his stuff and is a cool guy as well. Good luck.
catahoula lou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Steve's Independent Porsche Repair contact info? Reply with quote

Jon:

Do you think that if I PM you my friend's contact info and you forwarded it to Steve, would he call my friend?

In the meantime, I'll look up Jack Staggs' contact into and give it to my friend.

Best,

Thom

Still looking for:
(1) My Dad's 1955 356 (he raced it amateur-class at Riverside and other courses during 1950s),
(2) My parent's black 1955 hardtop bug (CA license plate FWC 201 or FWG 201), and
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Steve's Independent Porsche Repair contact info? Reply with quote

Thom, I don't have Steve's contact info anymore now that he has closed his shop. I wish I could help you on that front but I highly recommend that you get in touch with Jack. He is a regular contributor here and as mentioned, highly knowledgeable and skilled and also very fair in how he conducts business. My only complaint is that he is on the other side of Orange County from me. Wink
catahoula lou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Steve's Independent Porsche Repair contact info? Reply with quote

Jon:

Thanks!

I passed Jack's contact info to my neighbor, who presumably will call within the next day or so.

Anyone else that might have Steve's current contact info?

Best,

Thom

Still looking for:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: