Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS empi header and exhaust light blue
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdish2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: NOS empi header and exhaust light blue Reply with quote

Also has mounting hardware unopened in the original package. Has square exhaust ports. Not sure if for 356 or 912. Anybody have info of year of it or value. Thx Bryce

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

In the stash

1954 & 63 Vert
1956 Dove blue camper
(2) 1958 23w deluxes
1958 PGSG 11w og paint
1958 logo dd panel
1959 dove blue 11w
(5) 15w deluxes
(2) 1960,63,65 double cabs
1963 swr/bg 11w og paint
1964 limo bus 350 powered
1964 SO36 Dormobile flipseat Westy
1966 (2) so42’s og paint
1969 (2) porsche 912s
1969 dart swinger 340
(3) Porsche 911s sunroof,targa,cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: NOS empi header and exhaust light blue Reply with quote

I have a very similar but older exhaust on my car (59 356). Mine has a triangle shaped flange vs. the square one on yours but the shape of the pipes looks the similar. I saw a nice one with surface rust only & no muffler for sale at swap meet for $75. It got sold but don't know the selling price.

I think the color will affect the price as most guys would want to strip it & re-paint or powder coat it. Plus the Empi name will not help. Has it ever been bolted to an engine to see if the flanges fit correctly?

My guess would be limited market + Empi brand + odd color = about $50-75. You would just need to find the right guy.

A similar one to fit a VW is $95.
https://www.v-dubstore.com/product-p/e3310.htm
Update - third pc. found!
Now just need the case halves.
1965 fenderless beetle
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: NOS empi header and exhaust light blue Reply with quote

MMW wrote:
I have a very similar but older exhaust on my car (59 356). Mine has a triangle shaped flange vs. the square one on yours but the shape of the pipes looks the similar. I saw a nice one with surface rust only & no muffler for sale at swap meet for $75. It got sold but don't know the selling price.

I think the color will affect the price as most guys would want to strip it & re-paint or powder coat it. Plus the Empi name will not help. Has it ever been bolted to an engine to see if the flanges fit correctly?

My guess would be limited market + Empi brand + odd color = about $50-75. You would just need to find the right guy.

A similar one to fit a VW is $95.
https://www.v-dubstore.com/product-p/e3310.htm

Vintage EMPI is not the same as EMPI nowadays. Vintage EMPI parts for VW's are highly sought after and collectible, I do not know how the Porsche crowd feels about them though. I know one person in particular who lives in both worlds that would love to have that piece, if he doesn't already have one (or two). I'm sure he has already seen this and PM'd if interested...
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: NOS empi header and exhaust light blue Reply with quote

square collector Porsche empi header and muffler and NOS? BANK

Nice Find
water guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS empi header and exhaust light blue Reply with quote

When I bought my 1955 Porsche continental it had one on it. It gives it a nice and beefy sound. I have since taken it off but I have it wrapped up and put away. Cool find!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: