Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Canada
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbitmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandi wrote:
I believe they have a black '52 split in the building as well.

They do own a black split. I remember that and the cars pictured from when they had them on display at some of the early Bug Shows. Do they still have the red Mexican Beetle too?
bugjuice82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I guess I can spill the beans now.

The cars were housed in the VWoA collection in Auburn Hills, Mi until it closed a few years back. Then they were moved to Canada for storage.

The Heb (MR Adams old car) was brought to me to get it running after many years being stored with fuel in it(stinky).

The 52 Vert just got a fuel drain and detail as well as some cosmetic repairs.

They also sent me a 79 Vert with under 800 original miles with original fuel in it too. I got it running also.

The cars were used for the launch for the new Beetle Vert press release in California last winter.

I have been doing their work since 2001 when the corporate manager in charge of the collection asked the MVVC president who should work on the collection cars. I was standing next to them, and he said, "what about Bob?"

Needless to say, I was stoked, and accepted the offer. The rest is history.
Many cars have been done over the years, a trip to Wolfsburg, and a cross country cruise for the 50th anniversary of VWoA, and the Ghia in 2005

I'm getting the 49 split next. Glad to see them using the cars carefully. They are my baby's!!!!
and a dog named Indy

See my ad's

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=bugjuice82
Grant Reiling Premium Member
Samba Slow-Change Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugjuice82 wrote:
OK, I guess I can spill the beans now.

The cars were housed in the VWoA collection in Auburn Hills, Mi until it closed a few years back. Then they were moved to Canada for storage.

The Heb (MR Adams old car) was brought to me to get it running after many years being stored with fuel in it(stinky).

The 52 Vert just got a fuel drain and detail as well as some cosmetic repairs.

They also sent me a 79 Vert with under 800 original miles with original fuel in it too. I got it running also.

The cars were used for the launch for the new Beetle Vert press release in California last winter.

I have been doing their work since 2001 when the corporate manager in charge of the collection asked the MVVC president who should work on the collection cars. I was standing next to them, and he said, "what about Bob?"

Needless to say, I was stoked, and accepted the offer. The rest is history.
Many cars have been done over the years, a trip to Wolfsburg, and a cross country cruise for the 50th anniversary of VWoA, and the Ghia in 2005

I'm getting the 49 split next. Glad to see them using the cars carefully. They are my baby's!!!!

WOW. Shocked
Stunned.
Many props to you on the projects.
Many happy memories too at the MVVC shows back in the DKF days; + a shout-out to all the MVVC crew. Exclamation
Those were some times (in another chapter of life) Wink
Miss you all! Very Happy
Greetings from "The Left Coast" Wink (still see some, like Bill Bowman, etc at the CA events. Wink Arrow
Grant
What we imagine in our minds becomes our world. That’s just one of many things I have learned from water."
Misaru Emoto
The Hidden Messages in Water
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I have hard copy pics somewhere of these cars from the 1993 or 94 Great Canadian Bug Show at Head Quarters in Toronto. Prob not very good tho--then they were displayed, cordoned off, a good 40 foot (maybe more) distance from the actual show like they were elephants at the zoo or something. Rolling Eyes
I've seen these cars a few times at other Great Canadian Shows and this is prob the only Heb I've actually seen in real life. It's nice to hear updates on them Very Happy
bugman1955
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty B. wrote:
I know I have hard copy pics somewhere of these cars from the 1993 or 94 Great Canadian Bug Show at Head Quarters in Toronto. Prob not very good tho--then they were displayed, cordoned off, a good 40 foot (maybe more) distance from the actual show like they were elephants at the zoo or something. Rolling Eyes
I've seen these cars a few times at other Great Canadian Shows and this is prob the only Heb I've actually seen in real life. It's nice to hear updates on them Very Happy

I was at that show too and wondered why they didn't have them more prominently displayed. I have some 35mm prints of them in one of my photo albums.
rabbitmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see anyone's old Great Canadian pics. Post them up!
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbitmania wrote:
bandi wrote:
I believe they have a black '52 split in the building as well.

They do own a black split. I remember that and the cars pictured from when they had them on display at some of the early Bug Shows. Do they still have the red Mexican Beetle too?

Yes they do! I was peeking under it a few months ago... it has some interesting damage to the floor pan. Probably why we ended up with it here as it couldn't be sold at a dealership.
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it finally hit me, that I should try and make a black and white photo out of my Pastel Green car, to see which it might be in that early VW Canada photo. I see maybe four possibles, mostly in the second row behind the buses!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: VW Canada Reply with quote

Just built this registry for Canadian VW's !
Would be great if you add the ones you know Very Happy

www.airmapp.com/registry/canada

Would be great to see all the early canadian VWs in one page Idea

(By the way this registry is also available for other countries... juste replace canada by something else....
such as www.airmapp.com/registry/sweden
or www.airmapp.com/registry/france
or ... )
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: