Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So freakin funny
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacLeod Willy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: So freakin funny Reply with quote

http://trailerassist.volkswagen.no/
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

I'd bet money I'm almost that good with a normal pickup and trailer.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

I was with the big trailers.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

Stuff like that causes traffic accidents when people panic to get out of the way of a run-away car.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

that's cute.

how about this

https://www.facebook.com/UNILADTech/videos/1686806098263771/

word churning through the rumor mill is the "key" for that is a hair under 2K by the time you buy it and program it

BavarianMoneyWaster

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

what happened to just learning how to fucking drive?

I swear technology is not only making this world lazier but dumber as well

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

joe56vw wrote:

I swear technology is not only making this world lazier but dumber as well

And stupid breeds stupid!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

vwnutt wrote:
And stupid breeds stupid!

...hence the classic film "Idiocracy"
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

Isn't it part of the dumbing down of society?
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

don't know who said it, but it was something to the effect of "make stuff idiot proof, you'll have a world full of idiots"

looks like that is the truth....

you can thank sally soccer mom of the mandated park assist. guess they couldn't handle the escalade/suburban/denali backing up and ran over junior. and ford gets credit for the mandated TPMS stuff. funny thing is early versions of the TPMS would corrode and the tires would leak air from a (very expensive) sensor!

and, fwiw it has now been recommended (almost mandated) that they get replaced every 5 years or tire change. here is another 400.00 on top of your tire purchase!

yup....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

We are just a remote and it's operating idiot away from a world of drones and clones... and mayhem..

I love daily to read the Service Writer customer description for the newest automotve gizmo malfunction... which is usually the result of the owner not reading his/her manual.. or thinking they know how it works..

100k Escalade owner bitchin' about having to buy a new phone so it will charge wirelessly.. cry me a river Ms. Douchebagette ...

Think Go buy a BMW and take it up to skills for repairs and diagnosis.. Laughing

I cant wait....
Customer States: Auto reverse wont back trailer and boat all the way in the lake.. customer gets wet disconnecting boat..

Technician Findings.. = Root cause emanating from at LF seat area, normal condition, operating as bred and designed.

I don't complain (too much) as I capitalize on engineering mistakes..
but
It enrages me when the bull shit issues could be handled at the writer or sales level as opposed to interrupting a technician that has paying and pressing work..

Next..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

Technician Findings.. = Root cause emanating from at LF seat area, normal condition, operating as bred and designed.

Laughing Applause

I think the 2 of us have been doing this crap far too long

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

It has been said that the total amount of intelligence on the planet is fixed, and so as we breed more people, we get dumber on average.

Empirical evidence supports this hypothesis.

Last edited by KTPhil on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

Laughing Applause

That's far less insulting than my "loose nut behind the wheel"

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: So freakin funny Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

Laughing Applause

That's far less insulting than my "loose nut behind the wheel"

Yes too long.. and.. yes.. more tactful.

I was called on the carpet once.. for writing ..
Technicians Findings... "Owner/driver is a damn idiot and has no business owning anything with wheels and an engine".
0.5 diagnosis

Of course.. the owner read it.. Laughing and even though management agreed what I found was the truth.. asked me use tactfulness when writing.. and reserve verbal tactfulness ... until provoked.. Laughing
Confused
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: