Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How much of a gap to butt weld this patch?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theKbStockpiler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: How much of a gap to butt weld this patch? Reply with quote

If you don't own a auto-darkening helmet yet the HF one's with the blue flame work fine.From the looks of your burn holes I will guess that you are not interacting with what you should be and are doing a procedure and hoping for the best.

I have great skills at filling burn holes and the use of a grinder. Laughing When these skills could not get any better I conjured up the self discipline to negate their use. Very Happy When you get your consciousness in ' I'm a welder mode', you have to be calm and not be wired on coffee ,etcetera. You have to be in the 'I'm welding" mood. Your vision has to be good enough to see the toe of the weld puddle. But like I previously said ,when pulse welding it is better to just focus on the heat zone spreading out.
69vwcarl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How much of a gap to butt weld this patch? Reply with quote

This repair looks great! like the others have said it will be mostly covered up anyway. You could use seam sealer on the underside to help seal out moisture. But it looks great. Also your chances of bad warping will be much less on this repair because its not a huge flat panel its stamped and strong and has curves. Great work !
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: