Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 204, 205, 206  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qvazi wrote:
Do you have a picture to show me how do you install 4 wedges ?
Numbers 28 on diagram :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Below is a picture of my car - January 57 - five years reconstruction.

Does this help below?

These are photos of Mike Yagar's 1957 Kabriolett at Mid-America Motorworks, in Effingham, IL. Not my '57.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FRK Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful two-tone grey Oval Kabriolett again at one of my favorite events, the upcoming Kelley Park Vintage weekend in 2016! The owner is a super nice guy too! I hope he'll take me for a ride in that beauty!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FRK Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful two-tone grey Oval Kabriolett again at one of my favorite events, the upcoming Kelley Park Vintage weekend in 2016! The owner is a super nice guy too! I hope he'll take me for a ride in that beauty!

Bill Bowman

Hey Bill,
How you been? I'm planning on being at Kelley Park this April. Hope to see you there this year and of course, we'll go for a cruise on Saturday or Sunday. Cool

50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Thanks Frank!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Kelley Park weekend again. It'll be great to see you and that beautiful Kabriolett, and catch a ride too. Only a couple of months to go for the "VW 2016 season opener"!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
unk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

I recently received my 56 euro vert birth certificate (built jan 56). It says my original interior has " rusty red or reddish beige leatherette". Does anyone have a reference to any thread or pics to show me what the OG colors look like? I don't even see those as available colors in the technical archives of available colors for that model year. Any help would be appreciated.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

As has been noted before, sometimes the modern day factory "birth certificates" have incorrect info on them, or perhaps the interior may have been special ordered?

Nice first post! Welcome to the world of Oval Kabrioletts, a '56 huh? I'm down hill of you in Missouri with a '57 USA Kabriolett project. Show us a few pictures, no matter what shape it's in!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
mudbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

unk wrote:
I recently received my 56 euro vert birth certificate (built jan 56). It says my original interior has " rusty red or reddish beige leatherette". Does anyone have a reference to any thread or pics to show me what the OG colors look like? I don't even see those as available colors in the technical archives of available colors for that model year. Any help would be appreciated.

BadVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first post and I'm not sure this is the correct place to do so. I am restoring a 57 Vert. I received my birth cert and I was pleased to learn
my car has the original motor! I would like to know if anyone can help me identify an "option" noted as "M918". The birth Certificate says "cannot be identified". Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated! I will add photos as soon as I figure out how. Thank you!
scaferr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

BadVert wrote:
Hello, this is my first post and I'm not sure this is the correct place to do so. I am restoring a 57 Vert. I received my birth cert and I was pleased to learn
my car has the original motor! I would like to know if anyone can help me identify an "option" noted as "M918". The birth Certificate says "cannot be identified". Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated! I will add photos as soon as I figure out how. Thank you!

BadVert,
according to the website below

http://www.in2vws.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=44

M918 With leatherette instead of cloth material 8/1960 M Option Catalog

Hope it helps Very Happy
BadVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Thank you Scaffer! I went to the link you provided and for some reason I was not able to access the information. There is a spot to sign in however no place to register. not all the buttons are live for some reason.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Badvert, why not post some pics of the Cab.
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
BadVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Well, I just uploaded a couple pictures from when it was first delivered to me some 6+ years ago, one of the pan stripped to the bone from a few weeks ago and one of the rebuilt long block rebuilt by none other than : Mr Okrasa Joe. He also gold chem treated the original Tranny case which was then rebuilt by Rancho. More to follow!!!

I could use some help with a pair of correct door strikers. Anyone?

rillette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Awsome car! Original Iris Blue?
BadVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes it is an original Iris Blue car.
rillette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Nice color!!
cabrio54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Dears all,

I would like to ask you for help. I have a cabrio year 54, itīs the only one in the Czech Republic. There are some things missing and I donīt know what they looks like and the proportions of them. It is the seat upholstery – I donīt know the sizes of them. Then i tis the reinforcements at the end of the threshold by warm air. And some other things. Please, can someone help me.

Thank you so much

Regards
Ludek
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

Great photos of the black Kabriolett! My '57 Kab was black with red leatherette interior and sits in the back of my garage awaiting it's turn for a full restoration (I bought it all apart in "project" form). But I'm debating on whether to change the color to the metallic Iris blue... Not sure I want to spend the rest of my life trying to keep a black car clean and dust-free. My other internal debate is to set it up as original (USA spec) or build it as a European spec car. I already have the rebuilt Convertible semaphores, their body box sections, NOS Euro blades/bumperettes, NOS kph speedo, etc. stored away so that I can go either direction. Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, great photos!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official Oval Convertibles thread and Registry Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
Great photos of the black Kabriolett! My '57 Kab was black with red leatherette interior and sits in the back of my garage awaiting it's turn for a full restoration (I bought it all apart in "project" form). But I'm debating on whether to change the color to the metallic Iris blue... Not sure I want to spend the rest of my life trying to keep a black car clean and dust-free. My other internal debate is to set it up as original (USA spec) or build it as a European spec car. I already have the rebuilt Convertible semaphores, their body box sections, NOS Euro blades/bumperettes, NOS kph speedo, etc. stored away so that I can go either direction. Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, great photos!

Bill Bowman

Grailoc's beautiful '56 would make this an oh so easy decision for me !

Last edited by empiracer on Thu May 12, 2016 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 204, 205, 206  Next
Jump to:
Page 182 of 206

Jump to: