Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is this max buggy worth
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this max buggy worth Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
BL3Manx wrote:
joescoolcustoms wrote:
Subarugears makes a new ring and pinion and flips the ring gear to the other side of the pinion.

There isn't room to flip the ring gear to the other side of the pinion, that's why the Subarugears gears are cut backwards. The ring gear stays on the same side of the pinion but rotates in the revese direction

Think about that for a second. The input shaft still turns the same direction, so the pinion will turn the same direction, so it cannot possibly turn the ring gear backwards if it is still on the same side. So Subarugears makes a ring and pinion to flip the ring gear to the other side of the pinion which allows the input shaft to turn the stock direction, but change the axle rotation.

It is some mental math, and most times my mental state is tired.

Check out the photos on their website:

http://www.subarugears.com/About/About.html

You're right, its flipped. I confused the spiral bevel gears with a worm gear type arrangement
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this max buggy worth Reply with quote

...the OP appears to have left the building.

bnc
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: What is this max buggy worth Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
...the OP appears to have left the building.bnc

There should be a sticky thread, How much can I flip this buggy I know nothing about for?
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: What is this max buggy worth Reply with quote

BL3Manx wrote:
didget69 wrote:
...the OP appears to have left the building.bnc

There should be a sticky thread, How much can I flip this buggy I know nothing about for?

Well, at least we have had a good time with it. Very Happy

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: What is this max buggy worth Reply with quote

Or perhaps you scared him. I know I wouldn't want to put 8k into a car that would only ever be worth 4k, even if I was keeping it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: What is this max buggy worth Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
Or perhaps you scared him. I know I wouldn't want to put 8k into a car that would only ever be worth 4k, even if I was keeping it.

Really? In that case, my task is complete. The OP appears to have been looking for an answer somewhere between 'reality' and 'this car will be my retirement windfall from a flip-deal on Barrett-Jackson'... I'd rather tell someone the truth then let them find out the hard way that something being old & 'rare' does not automatically qualify it for being worth a mint.

bnc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: