Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Slowlow
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: '64 Spindles Reply with quote

Sent my '64 Bug's link/king pin/spindles carrier assembly to Sam to be rebuilt. They came back turning smooth as silk and looking sharp. Great price, fast service and great communication. Would use his services again in a flash! Applause Red Bug

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwmarc714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: great customer service Reply with quote

Just recently bought a new beam from them and was built in a decent amount of time and always had great communication. And I would recommend for every want to come here and get there parts. This is a great business and I'm going to be using them again
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed another sale of parts to Sam, recently. Payment was prompt as always.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some bolts - they came quick and well packed. Buy with confidence.
dc1962cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Beam Purchase Reply with quote

Purchased a 4" adjustable beam with shock mounts from Sam.The price was fair and the quality was great. The beam was installed without a problem. I really liked the steel bushings with the threaded greese fitting holes.
Sam also shipped the beam on time as he said he would. Thanks Sam,Dan Smile
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a complete, 4" narrowed beam spindle to spindle for my 65 vert from Sam. He does grreat work and communicated with me throughout the process. Buy with confidence from Sam folks, he's good people.
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a set of linkpin front suspension arms. Reconditioned like new! New hardware. Great price,and fast shipping. I will definitely do more business with Sam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbeeson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Very Good experience! Reply with quote

I ordered a 4" narrowed link pin beam. Exellent workmanship and awesome follow up with questions after the sell. Put your mind at rest, Sam is legit! He does what he says!

Reese
vdubfan68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Late 61 to 62 Rear Heater Kick Panel Heater Vent Reply with quote

Very Happy First Time Purchase From Sam . Prompt Email Reply and Great turn around time of a week . Very professional shop . I would purchase again without hesitation . Thank You Sam VW Logo Another Great Seller Found On The One And ONLY THE SAMBA.COM
jjrose110
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a beam and drop spindles for my oval. Then turned around and asked for rush order on extended plates. Sam got everything out as promised. Quality is great. Easy to talk to. Good communication. Will buy from again.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

Sam purchased a window glass. A smooth transaction with a great guy.
If his shop was in closer proximity, I' d be happy to take my ride there for some work !
cheers ~ Gary
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

I ordered a 4" narrowed balljoint type 3 beam conversion for my notch. We exchanged a few emails while Sam promptly answered questions i had. I sent payment in the beginning of december and asked if he could get it to me by christmas. He kept in great contact with me and even sent pictures where I might have to trim a little. recieved my beam on december 21st, 2 days earlier than origanally told. My beam was a work of art. I work at a hot rod shop and the old school american car guys drooled over it as much as I did. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat! I will b ordering another beam grom him once I start on my ladys 58 euro beetle for sure! Thank you Sam for a wonderful transaction! I look forward to ordering from you again
Redlocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

Sam,

While I feel that your lack of email response is bad business. I think your business ethics are GREAT!

You wanted $25 (for two "rough locking ice pick door handles from two different buses), which I was willing to pay if at least one of the lock cylinders were the correct key profile. Since you couldn't verify the key profile, you said that $10 would do (including shipping). Again, Wow!

Then you shipped them on 3/5/16 (a Saturday) and the Postal Service said it should be delivered on Monday. Well the USPS dropped the ball on that one, I got them today, Wednesday 3/9/16. You paid $6.80 to ship them. That means you only made $3.20 profit, plus you had to package them, and get them to the post office.

So far, I disassembled one of them, it is the correct profile. I will be able to re-key it to match my original key.

You took a "hit" selling them at $10 shipped. I took a risk assuming at least one would work for me; if not I'd be out $10.00 . Well, I believe in treating others the way I would want to be treated. So I am having my beautiful wife Paypal you an additional $15.00. And, I am going to copy this message to your Samba feedback page.

Take care and thank you,
Ernie

71 Super Beetle (stolen)
71 Squareback (rusted, junked)
71 Squareback (factory-dealer A/C, sold)
68 Bus, sold
68 Beetle (baja'd, sold)
78 "Golf" (total burn)
81 Scirocco S (sold, bought back, sold again)
81 Scirocco S (sold)
86 Scirocco (sold)
83 GTI (DSP auto-crossed, sold)
84 GTI (sold)
2000 New Beetle
'60 Microbus Std. / Mango (project in progress)
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

To be fair, I typically reply promptly to emails, during business hours. Especially when it comes to my suspension parts. A $2 pair of disintegrating door handles though, not so much.

I'm glad they worked! Thanks again.
-Sam
rock25rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

Took my 57 chop top to Valley Autowerks in April 2015 for chassis work and metal work. Got it back in June or July of 2016. I know this is Sam II's site, but both Sams worked on my car. The chassis work came out good, but the body work was a disaster, the body was not straight, off 2 inches in the rear so an engine would not even fit in it. The rear apron was messed up so that the fenders fit very poorly, with half inch gaps in the rear. All in all, everything has to be redone. I have tried to contact Sam via text, cell phone and e-mail to the web site. They have blocked me on Facebook so I can't make a post to them there. They did shoddy work and will not even respond, let alone work on a solution. Be wary if you choose to do business with them. I am really sorry it has come to this.
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

rock25rock wrote:
Took my 57 chop top to Valley Autowerks in April 2015 for chassis work and metal work. Got it back in June or July of 2016. I know this is Sam II's site, but both Sams worked on my car. The chassis work came out good, but the body work was a disaster, the body was not straight, off 2 inches in the rear so an engine would not even fit in it. The rear apron was messed up so that the fenders fit very poorly, with half inch gaps in the rear. All in all, everything has to be redone. I have tried to contact Sam via text, cell phone and e-mail to the web site. They have blocked me on Facebook so I can't make a post to them there. They did shoddy work and will not even respond, let alone work on a solution. Be wary if you choose to do business with them. I am really sorry it has come to this.

You're completely forgetting to mention how rough the car was, the fact that it was wrecked in the left rear AND a 40 year old, backyard disaster chop job. We test fit German fenders to your body and tail sections before it was put together... I'm sorry that your fiberglass, aftermarket fenders don't seem to fit correctly.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Putting anything larger than a 36hp is a tight squeeze in an early car to begin with, add in how modified and damaged your body was and it's no wonder.

The car may not have been perfect when it left, but without a frame machine, it was as square as we could get considering what we started with. We wouldn't intentionally let something leave here if we didn't feel like it was good. That's not something we would do.

You're also correct, this feedback is geared more toward my Suspension parts, nothing else. I cannot control what my pops does.

You've asked for more money to re do your tail section than we charged you for all of the metalwork we did on the entire body. Surely that reworked dash, nose and etc were OK?
rock25rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

First, you were well aware what condition the car was in, I sent you 20 or 25 pictures of it before I ever delivered it, plus on your web site and Facebook page, it states that there isn't anything you guys can't handle. It doesn't matter if it cost a thousand dollars or fifty thousand dollars, if it is not done correctly, it is worthless, and no, I don't think you would intentionally send out faulty work, but mistakes happen. Yes the chassis was spot on, thank you. The dash and front clip were good, with some minor work needed. I don't think the clip was blasted as it has rust underneath the primer in spots where it was worked at the new shop, it will have to be media blasted and reprimed. I just came from that shop, State Of Mind Customs, I gave them a check for just over $4000, and had a deposit with them for $1009 for replacement metal parts, with lots of work left to do. I will settle for that amount and eat the rest if it will settle this with you. I have all the info and pics of the car on the measuring rack that proves it wasn't straight if you want to see them, I am not trying to get something for nothing, just want to be reimbursed for what needs to be redone.
DaKine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

Nothing but good things to say about Sam and Autowerks.

I emailed him with what I wanted and he responded within an hour! He answered my questions & we made the deal.

Sam posted a pic of my completed beam on his facebook page and sent me an email letting me know it was on the way.

It arrived via UPS and was well packaged. I've bought beams before from KCW & CB Performance. Let me tell you, this beam was the same caliber or better. This beam is stellar...the welds are outstanding!

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another beam from Sam.

Maddward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

Just dialed in my 4" beam from Sam. I will do business with him anytime! The beam rides great.

jh508
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis Reply with quote

Recently Sam and his dad rebuild my 61 pan. The work was excellent. They email me pictures of all work as it progressed. This was a very good experience with a great shop. I did not have to worry about being ripped off. thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: