Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Hi Echobug,

Is this car ( that you posted in your gallery ) the one you are talking about?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

echobug:
since you are a new member would you mind introducing yourself ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frankraineri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

I liberated my ghia from this guy today.. After 5 years .. my nightmare has ended. that it I had enough. 3 times It was "READY" and 3 times.. after driving 600mi it was not done.
Last week, WE showed up to pick up the Finished car and the electric was not done as well as the fuel tank,glass,doors,seats,motor,dash.. it goes on.. He said he can get it together in @7 hrs.. "JUST WAIT" I said ill get it next week.. well He did not have 7 hrs to finish it all week..
He tx me and said "were all set"
600mi later were not set..
After dealing with this looser for 5 years.. I will tell you all who have a caR WITH HIM.. GET IT.. He has no intention on finishing them.. He just wants a hostage to hold for ransom. He's a com artist.. and a good one.. he feeds off your sympathy. its sad.. because he is capable.. BUT. he has no money at all.. if you give him a dime.. it goes towards anything BUT your car..
Im so happy i got the ghia back.. now I can see it get done. I WILL finish it. enjoy it.. and not stress about it.

GET A WRECKER AND PULL YOUR CAR!!
it will only get worse..
frankraineri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

iamdonquixote wrote:
Hi Echobug,

Is this car ( that you posted in your gallery ) the one you are talking about?

I was there a number of times and never seen this car there..
frankraineri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

After getting my car back I realize all that time and money were for nothing. the dam car is FULL of half assed flaws. the doors don't fit. and the paint donj;t matck. Half assed shit that shuld have been done was not. the car is fucked. He never fitted the doors before he welded the pannels in. Now the doors will never fit.
what a dick. I don't know what to do whith the car. Ill finish it. but it looks like shit.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

seems he just can't get panel gap correct......

Captain Slow wrote:

A few weeks later, he arrived to "fit" the passenger door....only to find that it didn't fit the door opening. He fought like hell to tweak the mounts at the A-pillar...while I became nauseous wondering how badly f-d up my car had become. (for those who don't know, this Beetle is the first car I had bought with my own money, had sold for the downpayment for my first home, and years later found through the help of a friend and bought back...)

It became apparent that either Brim, or one of his day-labor helpers fouled up on the B-pillar, and with promises of a quick turn around, and definite signs of embarrassment for being caught as a complete hack, I reluctantly decided to make fix what he (or others in his name) screwed up.

the black bug I posted photos of was at 401 Resto's in RI. the paint was so bad, 401 ended up painting the whole car over again. seems that he also has an issue with paint. you could see that car was re-re-re painted several times. it was just God awful.

it's too bad you got hosed, and I am sure as your project moves forward you will continue to find substandard work.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
BugiWagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Brim disappeared once again. His phone is disconnected.
Does anyone know where he is or how to get in touch with him ?
This is my last attempt to contact him before taking legal actions.
manyvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

NOTICE:

Brims VW Restorations

I have just been informed, Brim Leroy Bell has been evicted from both properties where he houses roughly 27 customer cars that have been in these buildings for years. IF YOU HAVE A VEHICLE with Brim Leroy Bell, please try and contact him to make arrangements to pick up your vehicle. He can be reached by phone at 603.948.6930. His web site has been shut down therefore he is no longer capable of Email.

Please contact property owner Jim Lund at 14 Lund Drive, Strafford New Hampshire, at 603.817.6158. Mr. Lund will accept all calls. I also understand from Mr. Lund that the building will be emptied of all items. If you wish to store your vehicle until such time it can be picked up, please contact him, again at 603.817.6158.

So sorry to have to do this, I have 5 vehicles up at this shop

My summer has just been ruined.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Shocked

holy shit...what a mess.

I feel badly that it came to this.

anyone that would like to have their cars finished may contact me at 860-213-4011 or Tim at 401 restos 401-397-5975. Tim and I have done several projects together that constantly win shows year after year.

the only conditions we have are we simply don't care how much money you gave to Brim...that isn't our problem. we won't discount, cut deals etc just because you got taken for a ride. he got paid...we need to as well

our problem will be moving forward and getting your car done, period. it may sound harsh, but both Tim and I have been the clean up crew for far too long for several shops that got paid....we need to get paid as well. so any money you have spent at this time is a loss...it sucks but it isn't our problem.

additionally, if we see any "red flags" they will need to be corrected to ensure our work doesn't suffer do to poor work performed elsewhere. all of what I wrote is the harsh reality of what goes on here...people go elsewhere dazzled by the promise of a low price, and this is exactly what happens.

we are prepared to help anyone who wants to start fresh to move forward. will it be fast or easy? not on your life. but between 401 resto's and myself our motto is "rebuilds, restorations, results"

again, we are more than willing and able to help but neither one of us run our business's as a soup kitchen

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
volkswagatron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Interesting indeed! Anyone wanting to check us out we welcome your project and or questions check us out low rates quality work references available
https://www.facebook.com/vwrestorationsandrepair/

Last edited by volkswagatron on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Shocked

holy shit...what a mess.

I feel badly that it came to this.

its probably better that its ending than to drag on.
27 cars is enough for a small car show Shocked
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

27 car at a one person shop???? The full production shop I worked with never had that many at one time even including the owners "I'm going to fix it one day" cars.

The sad thing is how many are not hardcore VW people and this is their first VW and had great dreams and now will be soured on the VW scene.
schell '59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Welp...i'm just gonna say this....

I seen this coming...left here about 4 yrs ago but still do vws but on a different level most agree with...i am a firm believer that ALL classic cars deserve the correct approach an results.

I feel bad for the customers as well but business is business and cost me over 400k to get it legit and represent...therefore the work must speak for the investment and thats the fact.

I have personally redone cars from other shops and literally dont wanna hear the stories,problems etc...what i do want is for guys to get over the hump get into their cars...these types of shops etc are what is killing the hobby...and it isnt just vw...muscle car shop are doing the same thing...places now are where your cars goto die...sad really.

Lets get back on target,keep it on topic an see if we can find a solution to peoples losses an regrets
T

see my "gallery" for more pics other than the website.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

I've got space to take on a few at my shop in MD.

And yes, I've built first place show winners, best paint awards, multiple winning HP drag cars and engine,...full service one stop shop.

stock, custom, rotisserie, ground up resto to full race...we do it all.

Not too many shop left that do what we do..especially on the east coast.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

I sincerely hope people will be able to determine which parts go with their cars.

Are there _really_ 27 cars there?

also, is Brim responding to phone calls and aiding in this process?
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Last year I spent 7 months on a waiting list at 401 before I got a text message saying 401 would not do my car. I spent 7 month listening to bitching about not making enough off painting vws and there being more money in other cars. I was consistently being was seemed to be talked out of a simple paint job. I consistently tried to stay in contact, made several trips up to get all my ducks in a row , never complained about the price given and expected overages. I had a decent 57 oval rag just with a shitty color paint.

So I'm sorry to be bitter about the olive branch offer but even after being turned away I asked for a referral and got nothing. I got a text message saying drive your car as is. So I'm glad to see 401 is back in the vw business. To little to late I say.

I guess I'll go kick the money tree out back.

I brought the a hole my car last year. Why. Lack of options? He said he had something to prove. I spoke to some of his previous customers. There was a time when he actually did work.
He took position of My car back in October. In December he sent me a picture of somebody's else car and said it was mine sand blasted and in primer. Around the same time he said he found all my oil leaks. Shortly after he said he installed new half pans- which he was to put in new full pans. The truth is he did not do any of it he just sent me photos of other people's cars- past profects and told me he was working on my car.

I had been pressuring him to inspect my car and he had pushed me off for a few months. Then he disappeared to Florida and I had to wait till he returned. What I found out was the bastard had been driving my car right along because it was registered and he left it in long term parking at the airport for 6 weeks while he was away. F'ing right! When he got Back he pushed me back another week so he could have enough time to disable it and make it appear like he had been working on it. He told his land lord it was new business and if he helped him make it look like they worked on it I would have money for them . He basically cut off my rear clip an rube it with paint stripper. I paid him extra for sand blasting.

3 weeks ago I had a running and driving car. A 1957 oval rag- a real oval rag, a car that basically everyone wants. . Now I'm getting my car back in boxes. He says my long block is in maine but won't give me contact info. No I'm getting a car back that nobody wants.

I'll post pictures and screen shots of text messages but as of now I can't figure out how to do it.

So as of now. Anyone want to buy a bolt to gether 57 oval rag. Non grafted with a uncut dashboard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

And 1 week before I went up to see my car brim had the balls to ask me for money. Said he was in ct. And needed to buy parts for my car. The car He was driving, had not done any work on had already collected a boat load of money from me by showing my false photos, but yet needed money for parts. . I need to figure out how to upload photos.

He just tells you what you want to hear.

Even as of yesterday he promised actually today he promised the landlord would get paid ,a schedule would be made and the cars would get done.

Complete bullshit.
I hope he felt like a man driving MY car.

Scum bag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

To answer the the question

He has been answering his phone. Not every time but so far he has not totally disappeared. Maybe he will after my post. I have more to put up but I don't know how yo put up pictures.

What good is him picking up the phone if he only blows smoke up your ass.

Here you go.

Ask him yo post some progress on my car..

I haven't seen it in 2 weeks.

I'm sure the rust us growing nicely
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1515246

This was what my car looked like in October

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1515247

This was the picture of somebody project brim tried to pass off as my car. I called him on it and his response was WTF Jay it's your car

I'll post the text message later

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1515245

This is my Pan which is not my pan which he claim to have replaced the floors and painted

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1515238

This is actually how I found the car 2 and a half weeks ago
Not sandblasted
Not primed
Pan not done

Like I said
He said in December my car was stripped and in primer but in June he was driving it WITHOUT PERMISSION!

YOU DO THE MATH

I hope I posted the pictures correctly
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 14

Jump to: