Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ratchet Rods - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: swagen60beetle
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 05, 2016
lyrikz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Ratchet Rods - [email protected] Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1614623

I should of done more research but someone i knew recommended this guy to make me a set of rims. Supposed to be a 1 week turn around has turned into a month with no contact from him.

Anyone dealt with this guy before? Scott Jones is his name. He owes me a set of rims or 700 dollars. I really feel stupid not using the other guy on here who makes rims.

Any information would be appreciated on Ratchet Rods.
[email protected]

Thanks.
lyrikz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ratchet Rods? Anyone used him? [email protected] Reply with quote

lyrikz wrote:
I should of done more research but someone i knew recommended this guy to make me a set of rims. Supposed to be a 1 week turn around has turned into a month with no contact from him.

Anyone dealt with this guy before? Scott Jones is his name. He owes me a set of rims or 700 dollars. I really feel stupid not using the other guy on here who makes rims.

Any information would be appreciated on Ratchet Rods.

Thanks.

Well, turns out he changed his phone number. Here is all his information i have. If anyone knows this guy can you help me out a bit.

Goes by Scott Jones
Ratchet Rods
ph# 214-476-7397
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will email him.
I updated this thread so it links to his username and ads on the site and added a link to his RatchetRods ad here.

The phone # you posted is in the ad, along with another one.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lyrikz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I will email him.
I updated this thread so it links to his username and ads on the site and added a link to his RatchetRods ad here.

The phone # you posted is in the ad, along with another one.

After a few people talked to him. He said the i should get the wheels this week. No tracking number.

Also to note, i was not aware you could not get smoothies in a 4x130. I ordered those from him. I just now found out from another vw member that you cant get smoothies in a 4x130. So i assume im just getting a steelie with a hubcap. Sad
wyldebill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Poor service Reply with quote

Scott had my single cab for over a year. The agreement was he was to install all the lowering parts I had purchased for my truck ie.. beam, flipped spindles, bug trans and spring plates. He was also going to put the engine back in. He said that it should only take roughly a month. We agreed on a price, and inventoried all of my parts. I left half down and felt I had left my truck in good hands. Now I live over 5 hrs away, so I couldn't drop by to check on the progress. After a month or so I hadn't heard much out of him, I finally got got ahold of him and he told me he was making good progress. Great! I happened to be coming to the area, so I asked how it was coming, that I might swing by while I was in town. Swing by, and he has my truck out working on installing the spindles, beam was already in the truck. I was a little disappointed that I had been told there was more done to the truck, yet it looked like he had just started working on it. Month or so goes by and no word. Finally get in touch with him and hear the truck should be done in a couple of weeks. Cool, I ask him to send me a couple of pictures, I really want to see how it looks. No can do, get a bunch of run around about bad SD cards and such. Getting more aggravated every time I talk to him. I ask how is progress, he said that the wiring harness answer the brake lines are giving him trouble. No big deal , I understand that it's an old truck. I ask what I can do? If it would be easier to replace it than fight it. He said yes that would be best. So I ordered a new harness and a new brake line kit and ship it to him. I was coming up to his area for the weekend, can I come by. Sure, weekend gets here and I can't get in touch with him. Hear from him the following week, and get a story about something came up. I tell him that we are almost at the year mark and I need to get my truck back. He said he will get it done. I stress to him , need it done. Talk to him it a couple weeks, he tells me that it's almost done. I come up a few weeks later, drag a trailer with me thinking that I'm coming home with my truck. Get there and he is working on getting the transmission installed. I look the truck over and it doesn't look like he has touched it in months. I tell hi. I'll be back the next day. I'm done jacking around. Show up the next day and I beet him to the shop , he gets there a we start trying to get it back together so it will roll. I'm running out of time, and am real aggravated. He tells me that if I'll leave it, he will "make it right and finish the truck and bring it to me. My hands are tied, I relent. Home again, with an empty trailer and more aggrivation. The week comes, and he tells me that it is done! Great! He can't get it on to the trailer he borrowed, he was trying to get another. Tells me he found one that will work. This is coming up on memorial day weekend. Weekend comes and goes without any information from Scott. I tell him Tuesday morning that I will be in town that weekend. I am picking the truck up . No response. Get to Dallas Friday evening, and ask him what it will take to drive the truck. The response is "gas anda battery " I make plans to meet up with him the next morning. There is a pretty big storm that night, and the next morning early he tells me that he can't to the shop when we planned due to the weather. I make the trek across dallas anyways, just to check up on him. He's not at the shop, but there are a couple of other guys roaming around, so I stop. They tell me that if they don't get their car out of Scott's place by Sunday afternoon the landlord is having everything that is left hauled off. Shit, perfect timing. I get to my truck and guess what, not anywhere near running, it will barely roll. I help the other guys load their car and they help.me load mine, and I get a message from Scott , he can't get there until that afternoon. I informed him that I already have the truck on the trailer, and need him to unlock the shop so I can get my parts and leave. He responded that he can't get there until 3, his babysitter canceled. Not good enough, I tell him if he doesn't get there my next call was the sheriff, and I was taking the lock off the door myself. His response, I'm on my way. He gets there and unlocked the door. We start loading parts, l had forgotten I brought this much stuff. I got all my stuff and he is walking around and chatting like nothing happened. At the end of the day all I got was a half hearted "sorry". A year of jacking with this guy and sorry. I probably would have been happier with a kiss my ass. I won't ever deal.with Scott jones or ratchet rods again.

Sorry for the rant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bunky67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ratchet Rods - [email protected] Reply with quote

Buyer beware makes commitments and doesn't come through.
vwbuggy74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ratchet Rods - [email protected] Reply with quote

Seller now goes by immersed wheels and fabrication. Scammed me out of $400 for a set of two widened wheels. Buyers beware same guy just using another name for obvious reasons. I ordered wheels on March 13 and still haven't rcvd them.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ratchet Rods - [email protected] Reply with quote

vwbuggy74 wrote:
Seller now goes by immersed wheels and fabrication. Scammed me out of $400 for a set of two widened wheels. Buyers beware same guy just using another name for obvious reasons. I ordered wheels on March 13 and still haven't rcvd them.

There is a feedback thread here for that newer account:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=657148

The name in that thread is the same name as listed above.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: