Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

Anyone know if the desert digger rear tube bumpers clear dual weber idfs? They're firewall mount.
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

What a desert digger rear bumper cage look like?
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
EnjoyNukaCola
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

OP is referring to this:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.mooreparts.com/rear-vw-baja-bug-bumper-desert-digger-2-tube-bumper-cage/
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

Yeah. That's the one. Anyone use them? Looks like the firewall mount is wide enough to clear. I called Mooreparts but they never called back. I'll try again but a answer on here would prob be easier.
database00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

Anyone know where to buy it? Mooreparts used to carry them but dont see them anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

I think they are NLA

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
database00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

anyone have one laying around to replicate? mooreparts said they wish they would have saved one to replicate as the original person making them disappeared without a word. How much do you think it would cost to have someone make one?
no1clyde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Desert digger rear tube bumper idf clearance Reply with quote

I sort of copied it when I built mine. I know it took les than $30 in tubing. The main parts are the sides and the top, the sides are a 45* bend then a 90* and then another 45* and the top is 4 45* bends, just have to make it fit your build. Not as hard as it looks.

Ed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: