Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lowlight headlight metal
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1522583

He has these under general parts section. I found out on FaceBook

They would have saved me hundreds of hours work and I probably spent this much trying to fix what I had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldbusboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to some feedback on the quality/fit of these pieces.

I can use a pair for sure.

Trevor
Little Harry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if they could be used to "convert" a late model ghia to a lowlight setup until I looked at the pics. They can!! I had this in mind for my car. That is too cool.

Zack1978 wrote:
From my perspective vintage VW's are beyond being used for daily driver purposes. It would be best to have your car parked in a garage, and kept away from the elements on a daily basis. Zack

Uhhh...yeah...I disagree
alex3012red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an original lowlight well at least 80 percent of it, I need the front end someone put a later model front end, I wonder if this is what I need, they did a very good job of installing the front end but they went to a 73 front end. I couldn't find a lowlight front for the right price so I restored it like that for now...
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex3012red wrote:
I have an original lowlight well at least 80 percent of it, I need the front end someone put a later model front end, I wonder if this is what I need, they did a very good job of installing the front end but they went to a 73 front end. I couldn't find a lowlight front for the right price so I restored it like that for now...

You can also get low light vent openings from Wolf and change your car back using these headlights and Wolfs vents
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Little Harry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djway3474 wrote:
alex3012red wrote:

You can also get low light vent openings from Wolf and change your car back using these headlights and Wolfs vents

Is that wolfsburg west you are talking about having the pieces for the vents? I looked online and didn't see them.

Zack1978 wrote:
From my perspective vintage VW's are beyond being used for daily driver purposes. It would be best to have your car parked in a garage, and kept away from the elements on a daily basis. Zack

Uhhh...yeah...I disagree
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wolfparts.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=ug8ojlm5e04elpuukpl9gel276 nope wolf parts
alex3012red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

been looking for the aftermarket sheet metal for my lowlight, looked on wolf parts and couldn't find the vents and head light sheet metal, anybody else makes them
alex3012red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

been looking for the aftermarket sheet metal for my lowlight, looked on wolf parts and couldn't find the vents and head light sheet metal, anybody else makes them
alex3012red
Samba Member

Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

These guys have them but they are very expensive:

https://www.vintagecarparts.de/liste.php?set_shop=1&set_wg=30&set_markwg=85;30

Danny Gabbard on here was looking to make and sell lowlight headlight sections so you could check with him
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

The ad in the 1st post at the top is still active, shows he has headlight metal and vents.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
lasslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

I mailed Sam about headlightsections and freshairvemts last week.
They are out of stock at the moment, but I'm on the waitinglist Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mscdman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

Those are freaking cool. If I wasn't a pureist, I'd jump on those to convert my 63 to a lowlight. Then again, I'd feel like a woman who wanted a Prada purse but instead got a Prado
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

Mscdman wrote:
Those are freaking cool. If I wasn't a pureist, I'd jump on those to convert my 63 to a lowlight. Then again, I'd feel like a woman who wanted a Prada purse but instead got a Prado

See I don't know what that means .... Smile

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
54bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight headlight metal Reply with quote

Why not use original sheet metal? While NOS metal isn't available there I've seen postings from parts cars. Probably much less overhead to float out any metal damage and end up with something closer to stock.

I had a '57 and stashed a some what dented nose for parts. It's still in the shop. I'm sure there are others in the classifieds.

Scott
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: