Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oregon baja owners
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ratt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

65BAJA wrote:
Ratt wrote:
I Grew up in Gresham, drove a 64 Baja for 2 years, then sold it when I joined the Navy. Plan on moving back in a few years when I get out, But might settle in Washington instead. Currently rocking the Thing, that should be moving with me later this year to Washington. Hopefully be able to make a few trips with her next year.

Is this the same Ratt that used to post on Fleg's Baja page?

Same one. I mostly lurk on the Samba these days... More active on Shoptalk these days but still a VW freak!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cheyenne10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Also Eugene webfoot Reply with quote

I kind of go hot and cold on my VW passion. Owned 5-7 bugs over teh yrs. Too many irons in the fire now. Have 69 needing time and $$ to dive in. 1st - insure sunroof is rebuilt, 2nd floor pans, 3 baja kit, just for starters. I need to get this roadable by next fall for work commutes.
cheapdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son has the 65 Baja. We live in Portland. Haven't done any off-roading yet...first step was to get it driveable! He will be off to college in August...maybe I get the bug Razz
chubby53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tell him your going to "take care of it for him" , then you get to play while he's away.
Notched
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Southern Oregon, Medford area.

My son and I are working on a '72 Baja. I also have a sandrail with a 2.3l Turbo EFI Ford motor, an '85 Honda Odyssey and two '06 Artic Cat DVX 400s. We go to the sand dunes in Winchester Bay quite a bit. It's great for the whole family!

Current stock: '57 Panel Bus, '63 Rat Notch, '64 Baja, '66 Variant, '67 Convertible Ghia, '68 Squareback, '69 Squareback, '69 Fastback

Southern Oregon VW Club -- http://www.sovw.org

Oregon VW Forum -- http://www.oregonvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cheapdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
chubby53 Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just tell him your going to "take care of it for him" , then you get to play while he's away.

Somehow I don't think my son will go for that. He keeps saying it is HIS CAR.
Irie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also live here in Oregon Klamath Falls to be exact there a lot of places to run around here and also go to the dunes as much as I can.
chubby53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any oregon baja clubs or anything like that exclusive to off road vw's? I think it would be fun to try to setup a meet or something whether it be running the dunes or some trail/roads somewhere this summer. problem is i'm not sure where or what to do? Plus i don't even know if my baja would be ready yet. or how to organize something like that.
Sevnty4Baja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chubby53 wrote:
is there any oregon baja clubs or anything like that exclusive to off road vw's? I think it would be fun to try to setup a meet or something whether it be running the dunes or some trail/roads somewhere this summer. problem is i'm not sure where or what to do? Plus i don't even know if my baja would be ready yet. or how to organize something like that.

I second that!!! I too have either wanted to join or create an oregon baja/offroad vw only club, and set up club meetings, and runs for whoever has a running car and can join, I wouldnt know how to get something started either, but I think there is enough of us around here that we could make it happen if we want!
1992 Toyota "drift truck"

"Too loud to work on, my ass. Get some baffles for your HEAD, man... I like to scare Harley riders in underpasses.-Twomonkeysayoyo"

"Were all here, because were not all there..."
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Irie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for a get together in the sand or dirt roads / camp trip or whatever.
As for a club I have belonged to two car/4x4 clubs and started one myself and my words of experience is keep it simple just friends having fun and I can’t say this loud enough KEEP MONEY OUT OF IT. It really can be fun though I may be interested.
ZARJDR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a buddy that started an annual rockcrawler/jeep get together years ago in Butte Meadows area, got so big and popular that he had to get a USFS permit, and limit the number of participants. Those that want a T-Shirt and dash plaque have to pay $10.00. He calls it the "Dog Knot Run", sponsors it through his business in Chico......The Auto Stop. Pretty successful for such a humble beginning!
03 YAMAHA WR450F 74 BAJA
Crash Johnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do our baja crazy gathering at Sand Lake in May every year. We haven't picked a date yet but probably should do that soon.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Ghoti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

Did you ever find a friend?
chubby53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

Gave up on it. Schedule is too crazy now. I see a couple different Bajas around town but I don't think they want to be bothered. Plus is doesn't seem like too many places to go around here. Are you local in Eugene Springfield?
orygonian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

Grants Pass here, we do the dunes often. Horsfall/Spinreel usually

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

chubby53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

Cool. Last time I had my Baja in at the dunes was last 4th July weekend. Had some pretty good jumps. My friends 11 yr old boy got car sick inside his helmet and all over my back seat haha.
racercb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

I live in Portland even though i'm only 15 I still have a 1974 standard baja bug project i'm working on

Bajabugman1970
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

Hey Chubby I live just over the river in Springfield from you. I drive on occasion a blue 1970 Baja with a white roof rack white double tube bumpers front and back as well as side bars. It also has a small winch on the front. So if you see it driving around just stop me if you want to chat. I hope to find a 1974 super beetle to do some custom motor tranny and axle work on to make it a Baja. Know of any bodies without motor or tranny for sale?.
maxxh2o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

Redmond Oregon here

Been slowly building a mid travel Baja the last few years. Hope to get it on the road someday. Ha!
GreenImp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: oregon baja owners Reply with quote

It's not a Baja, but we live in Eugene and still take this to the Florence Dunes once or twice a year. I'd love to take my son out and run some dirt roads, but it's been nearly 20 years since I've spent any time in Oregon's forest roads... I wouldn't know where to go that's not paved/gravel and isn't too trashed for a two wheel drive.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: