Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodtogoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

I'm researching a car sold by the Norm Bishop dealership back in '71, what are the chances ?

I have come across Norm Bishop license plates for sale here and wondered if anyone had any other recollections, photos or memorabilia ?

I believe that Norm sold out to a L D Gately VW dealership in Orlando, Florida, who in turn sold out to a Don Hull.

Anyone ?
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

Did a quick Google search and found this.....not sure what kind of stuff you are looking for.....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/normbishop_boise_id_71fastback_sales_receipt.jpg
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

Also, Samba member hitest lives near Boise....great guy....he might be able to assist.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

hitest and Lind would be the two in the area who probably know most about Norm Bishop. I haven't been here as long as either of them.

Here are a couple of Norm Bishop things I have. Norm Bishop became Treasure Valley Volkswagen in the late 70's or early 80's. I don't know anything else about it really.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
goodtogoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

Hey notchback, lovely stuff you have there, thanks for posting. I'll pm Lind, thanks for the tip.

Tim
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

I won't let this ^^^ hurt my feelings Tim.. Cool

(Yes folks, Tim and I have corresponded)

Notchback- your PM box has exploded with offers on your NB license plate and frame, but has anyone offered you a vintage motorcycle? Cool

Tim- I'll continue the search from my end and learn what I can for you. It's an interesting challenge!

Bradford

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
I won't let this ^^^ hurt my feelings Tim.. Cool

(Yes folks, Tim and I have corresponded)

Notchback- your PM box has exploded with offers on your NB license plate and frame, but has anyone offered you a vintage motorcycle? Cool

Tim- I'll continue the search from my end and learn what I can for you. It's an interesting challenge!

Bradford
I've got a box of stuff that a person got from "Seth" who was a salesman there. The stuff pictured came from that box. Maybe I'll have to bring it into town someday.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

This is the one west of town on the main drag right?
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
This is the one west of town on the main drag right?
According to the address on the things I posted above, it's over where Cole and Franklin meet, where Larry Miller Dodge and Lyle Pearson are now. The current location for the VW dealer is in the old Saturn dealership. They moved there from the old Peterson location on Fairview back in 2009 or so.

FU#3
goodtogoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

A bit more detail on why I have posted this thread.

I bought a ca from an Alabama dealer last year, represented as a 1965 Porsche 911 that was supposed to have been bought from Norm Bishop in 1971.

I got the car back to the UK and it turned out to be a vin switch. Car was
actually a 1967S with the tags from a 1965 car. This thread on Pelican refers

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace...ealer.html

I'm trying to find out if the car was vin switched when (if) it was sold by Norm Bishop in 1971. Hence trying to track down Norm's old paper records, that he told me were stored up in the attic above his shop before he sold out to Gateley.

I know, a needle in a haystack .........
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Norm Bishop- V.Dub dealership, Boise, Idaho Reply with quote

And the plot thickens...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: