Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon in Thailand
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
240Gordy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Vanagon in Thailand Reply with quote

Vanagon at a boot sale festival in Thailand.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1985 GL now with more! a 2.1L
H&R SPORT(RED) Springs FRONT , SLAM SPECIALTIES RE6 AIRBAGS REAR
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon in Thailand Reply with quote

Interesting top!
I guess Vanagons are extremely rare in Thailand?
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon in Thailand Reply with quote

Technically Vanagons do not exist outside the Americas unless they have been imported from the Americas
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon in Thailand Reply with quote

Actually they are made in Europe, Germany Smile ...and the original name is T3 Transporter. Vanagon is the American name for T3 Transporter. In the UK I think some were called T25 Transporter.

There are tons of T3s in Nigeria, Africa, but I am not sure where those were actually made... if anyone knows - please enlighten us.
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon in Thailand Reply with quote

Um, yeah. Vanagon is the NAM name. So, I guess finding a 'Vanagon' outside NA is VERY rare.
However, finding a 'Transporter', or a 'Bulli' is quite an easy task in the rest of the world....

It's semantics, really.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pathao
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon in Thailand Reply with quote

epowell wrote:
Interesting top!
I guess Vanagons are extremely rare in Thailand?

I can't really say but seen a few in the current trip : a white one (with a bus park next to it) three days ago here in Phuket. Saw one in Sukothai and this one in "the candle house" in Suan Phueng. The guy says its a 1986. They strip the interior and use it as a workhorse.

The first "stationnary/non-moving/accessible" RH drive that I ever saw. I was suprise, let say amaze (this is amazing Thailand after all), that the front panel is the same as my LH drive and that they simply move the wiper mecanism and use plastique spacer under the pivot base. I had a better photo but the wife deleted it from the phone already. Still, you can see the embossing where my wiper pivot go thru the sheetmetal. . Thats shows that VW are/where scraping for every penny. (Do not know if it is the same setup the other side of the pond, would be a good question to the 80-90's guys).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Also, back in the days, we went to Hua Hin, and there was a shop when we were coming into town. They didn't had anything good for our AC, but judging by the number of WBX engines they had piled up, they must be doing suby conversion ?!!!

Also, I was forgetting the must important, a spotted what looks like a pre-86, half strip, in a excavation business yard, very near the house. When going back up there will go see if Ican salvage something for ours.

English is a second language to me
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: