Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

volksheime wrote:
I did not think those would be in such demand in SoCal due to the availablilty of such rust free projects and parts in CA vs the midwest, you stated I am incorrect. fair enough, no arguments here.

Our biggest weekend of the year here in SoCal is the VW Classic/OCTO weekend every June.

You know who the biggest and best supplier of sheetmetal and used parts has been for the past 10+ years at the VW Classic/OCTO events?

Brax. You know where Brax drives in from? MONTANA!!!!

My point being that the hobbyists here in SoCal cant get what we want locally and we eagerly wait for old parts to be imported to SoCal from MONTANA every year.

This further blows out of the water the Midwest perception that we have limitless VW parts and VW projects out here in California.
Cabo9302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I have to agree about the scarcity of ACVW's in SoCal. I moved to Texas 11 years ago, and I go back to SoCal for 2 weeks, every other year, and am shocked at the lack of ACVW's I see every time. Crying or Very sad
Corney13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

volksheime wrote:
I understand that whole cars are worth less than the sum of thier parts, such is life. But taking a entry level project, bone stock, OG and cutting it up at this point in the game, is nuts. Something thats been hacked, or repainted or JC whitney cataloged to death, ok i get it. $4500 is a lot, and likely over market price (especially in CA) for a 65 sedan. likely more around the2500-3k mark, if it were in the midwest. But cutting that car apart to maximize dollars, is just nuts.

I actually think that $4400 is a pretty fair price. Hell, I bet he could get $150 for that Chick Iverson License plate frame! Knock offs are $40 a piece.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Corney13 wrote:
I actually think that $4400 is a pretty fair price.

X2
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Cabo9302 wrote:
I have to agree about the scarcity of ACVW's in SoCal. I moved to Texas 11 years ago, and I go back to SoCal for 2 weeks, every other year, and am shocked at the lack of ACVW's I see every time. Crying or Very sad

People and business both are leaving California by the groves. It not the State it used to be years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mallred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Quote:
People and business both are leaving California by the groves. It not the State it used to be years ago.

That would be "droves"... Smile

'64 Resto Custom Bug - Daily Driver
'57 Sunroof Bug - Endless Project

Living beneath the Sagebrush Canopy
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

mallred wrote:
Quote:

That would be "droves"... Smile

Thanks, sometimes my hand gets ahead of my mind and I don't catch it.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This guy shoots for the moon on everything... Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1732674
117harv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5443907488.html

Complete original bug, but this seems a bit high?
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Good luck with that.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1893443
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
Good luck with that.

What are you talking about. It just needs a little body filler and new paint!
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

vwnutt wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
Good luck with that.

Are you serious? Maybe for that price if it ran I would take your consideration seriously. $3500 can you get you a decent daily driver if you look long enough.
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
vwnutt wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
Good luck with that.

Are you serious? Maybe for that price if it ran I would take your consideration seriously. $3500 can you get you a decent daily driver if you look long enough.

No, I'm not serious.

I wouldn't give him $3500 if he had a whole six pack of them.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/5401052382.html

This guy is a delusional asshole.

I asked him for a price on the sideview mirror, as I need one for a '74 standard I just picked up a week or so ago. He quotes me $50. I reply (via text message, as per his request) "Thanks anyway." No extended griping about the price, just a polite 'I'll pass, thanks.'
The exact exchange as it went down, after he gave me his price is as follows:
Me: "Thanks anyway."
Him: "Lots of cheap China sh*t out there if your on a budget."
Me: "I can get a resto quality mirror brand new for $40 at a local shop. Him: "LOL. China resto quality."
Me: "Not from China. I've been around VWs a lot of years and in all honesty a mid-'70s VW isn't that rare, really. Him: "Ask Bernie Sanders to buy you one."
And then as I was typing my "We're done here, have a good night response" he came up with "Your town is a f*cking liberal infested sh*thole." (I live in Eugene).
Momentarily an incoming phone call came in from his number but he hung up real quick. LOL
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

The irony is that the outside mirror on that car is repro!
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
The irony is that the outside mirror on that car is repro!

I would have had no way of knowing that... lol. That is super, super funny. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bugnut68 wrote:

I asked him for a price on the sideview mirror, as I need one for a '74 standard I just picked up a week or so ago. He quotes me $50. I reply (via text message, as per his request) "Thanks anyway." No extended griping about the price, just a polite 'I'll pass, thanks.'
Me: "I can get a resto quality mirror brand new for $40 at a local shop. Him: "LOL. China resto quality."
Me: "Not from China. I've been around VWs a lot of years and in all honesty a mid-'70s VW isn't that rare, really. Him: "Ask Bernie Sanders to buy you one."
And then as I was typing my "We're done here, have a good night response" he came up with "Your town is a f*cking liberal infested sh*thole." (I live in Eugene).
Momentarily an incoming phone call came in from his number but he hung up real quick. LOL
Oh sounds pleasant. He did you a favor really he probably was a thief with an attitude like that.
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

vwnutt wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
vwnutt wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
Good luck with that.

No, I'm not serious.

I wouldn't give him $3500 if he had a whole six pack of them.
Gotcha bro I figured you were kidding but wasn't sure.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bugnut68 wrote:

Quote:
extremely rare all original 1976 Standard

What is so extremely rare about a '76? What a total D-bag. I hope he sits on that car and all of it's ultra rare parts forever.

And as far as him bringing politics into the conversation, does this shithead know that Portland (503 area code on his phone number) is also famously very liberal?
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
bugnut68 wrote:

Quote:
extremely rare all original 1976 Standard

What is so extremely rare about a '76? What a total D-bag. I hope he sits on that car and all of it's ultra rare parts forever.

And as far as him bringing politics into the conversation, does this shithead know that Portland (503 area code on his phone number) is also famously very liberal?

Yeah, I hear that. I thought about throwing that little factoid about Portland back at him but figured he escalated this quickly enough. That was the point where I called it quits.

The fuel injection parts are likely desirable for someone with a late model VW, I suppose, and if the car does in fact have 48,000 miles on it, that's all well and good... but I wouldn't call it rare by any means. Dude has a serious chip on his shoulder... the ad's text about "don't even try to ask to buy the entire car because it's worth even more in all the parts alone" didn't even make sense. lol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 246 of 422

Jump to: