Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintagevdubstheshop
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 07, 2017
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

eldog1 wrote:
I originally purchased a complete front lowering kit with wilwood disc brakes, I received the front end approx 4 months later that promised. Nothing on the front end was ready to go, not one nut was tight, the bearings were not greased but the black paint looked nice. I also ordered a lowering kit along with a freeway flier transmission for the rear end, and again it was only 4 months late, it also was no where ready to go, did not receive the boots and it had a nose piece for a bug and not a bus, once I got it installed it leaked from both wheel seals and 3rd gear did not work. I paid $5200 for the products and basically got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AS PROMISED. Other than pretty black paint. I have all email and txt printed if anyone would like to see and that I am speaking the truth.
The icing on the cake was a letter I received from the shipping company trying to collect the shipping that I had already paid Bruce because he had not paid them. I also have all documents to support this claim.

I have made many attempts to contact Bruce and have not heard anything back other than "I am working on it."

Of course its only been roughly a year now so maybe he is working on it.

I WELCOME A RESPONCE TO THIS POST BRUCE!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!

I don't wish to be rude, but it takes an act of God to get a hold of these people on the phone and your wanting him to respond to a forum post?

I Think these people need to join the A J List. C'mon Everett!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VolkzBitz Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I ordered some core carburetors from Vintage V-Dubs. The whole experience was great! I received email responses from them, and received the parts I ordered within a week. My communications were through Audrey.

Der Vergaser Meister
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: vintagevdubstheshop - [email protected] - Br Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

They have been banned and restored several times and it may happen again.

After reading recent feedback, it would seem the time to ban Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] is once again upon us.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

If people are having issues, they need to contact me via email.

When I have emailed them they have responded and contacted the buyers.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Why does it have to take that though Everrett. You are definitly a fair and just person but doesnt seem to you like this guy is using your site to conduct a very shady business. When you threaten to take his adds down he whins, cries and straigtens up for long enough to get back on. Then business as usual. He got me and he most definitely got my buddy Kurt which still has no caliper brackets to finish the front ended he paid for. Take him down the Samba does not need him.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I agree that has happened a few times exactly as you described.

The reason I say people need to email me is that I need to be aware of things in my email as sometimes I miss posts in the Forums and then I have a record in my email and can email a seller directly with issues.

I honestly don't understand why people order from this person they have had a HUGE warning in their feedback thread about the various issues and it's been there for YEARS.
This applies to several other sellers on here too that go in & out with good and bad service.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I agree that has happened a few times exactly as you described.

The reason I say people need to email me is that I need to be aware of things in my email as sometimes I miss posts in the Forums and then I have a record in my email and can email a seller directly with issues.

I honestly don't understand why people order from this person they have had a HUGE warning in their feedback thread about the various issues and it's been there for YEARS.
This applies to several other sellers on here too that go in & out with good and bad service.

Just like myself, it doesn't always come to mind with everyone to look up feedback on someone here on the forum before ordering something. Especially when it is supposedly a legitimate business. Not making excuses for myself or anyone else, its just the way it is.

Hindsight is 20/20
64pannelrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I bought Vintadge V-dubs front disc brake kit for my 64 bus. Before I purchased the kit there communication was great. After I purchased the kit there comuication was non existent. After I got the kit it had missing parts. I still haven't received the parts. After trying to instal the kit the discs hit the spindles and can't be used. I was up front with them before I purchased the kit that I had flipped spindles and they assured me that this kit would fit with the flipped spindles. I am hoping to get this resolved soon.
brettjord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

VolkzBitz wrote:
I ordered some core carburetors from Vintage V-Dubs. The whole experience was great! I received email responses from them, and received the parts I ordered within a week. My communications were through Audrey.

I'll mirror this. Ordered $1500 worth of lowering parts from them. Order showed in 4 days, contact was simple and great. They did miss a few small parts, I emailed and they were at my door 2 days later. Audrey handled my transaction via phone and email. Parts all fit great.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

guess who'se back?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=freebirdstorefront
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
guess who'se back?

I was notified when this person began posting and both the new advertiser and Vintage V-Dubs separately informed me that this is a new party who is buying their parts wholesale from them for resale.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
guess who'se back?

I was notified when this person began posting and both the new advertiser and Vintage V-Dubs separately informed me that this is a new party who is buying their parts wholesale from them for resale.

funny, after i posted this, all their picture with the watermark of vintage v dubs got whitenen so we can't see them anymore...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
guess who'se back?

funny, after i posted this, all their picture with the watermark of vintage v dubs got whitenen so we can't see them anymore...

They are still super clear to me in all the ads I just checked.
It'sMeGoddamnIt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Too bad I didn't know about this thread back when I ordered their Vanagon rear wheel disk brake kit.

Months after ordering it finally showed up but...

The bracket is supposed to be attached to the vehicle by three hex head machine screws but one of the holes has no threads - it was a pass-through for the bolt that threaded into the cylinder. So how do they expect the bracket to thread in when there are no threads.

As well they sent the wrong callipers. At first it only took a couple weeks of badgering for them to admit they sent the wrong callipers and would send me replacements.

But that was December 9, 2015. Since then they have not answered their phone or returned any of my voicemails - dozens. Also they have not replied to any emails.

Does anybody know which callipers they were supposed to supply?

Disappointed in Calgary,
Cody
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

This is all second hand.

I work with a guy named Ron who has a Manx. I've done work on it for Ron. Recently while off road Ron suffered a failure of a couple ball joints. The fix I guess is to switch to type 181 trailing arms and spindles. Yesterday Ron approached me and asked if I knew anything about Vintage V-Dubs. He said they had the parts he needed for $500. I told him that I thought they had a bad reputation just from what I had heard and then I printed up this feedback thread for him to educate himself.

This morning Ron came in and said he had bought the parts from Bruce who was a really nice guy. He said the quality looked good.

Now, I've given Ron advice in the past about who to be careful doing business with as far as engine builders because of shoddy work and he chose not to follow my advice. He'll be the first one to tell you that he made a mistake and it cost him more in the long run than if he had gone with my recommendation. Now once again, he has asked for my advice and not followed it. I guess we'll see what happens this time.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

It'sMeGoddamnIt wrote:
Too bad I didn't know about this thread back when I ordered their Vanagon rear wheel disk brake kit.

Months after ordering it finally showed up but...

The bracket is supposed to be attached to the vehicle by three hex head machine screws but one of the holes has no threads - it was a pass-through for the bolt that threaded into the cylinder. So how do they expect the bracket to thread in when there are no threads.

As well they sent the wrong callipers. At first it only took a couple weeks of badgering for them to admit they sent the wrong callipers and would send me replacements.

But that was December 9, 2015. Since then they have not answered their phone or returned any of my voicemails - dozens. Also they have not replied to any emails.

Does anybody know which callipers they were supposed to supply?

Disappointed in Calgary,
Cody

Make sure to send Everett an email about this. Anyone that is having this kind of a problem with them he needs to know about so we can get them banned from TheSamba.
hesperiarat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
guess who'se back?

How can the new advertiser sell their products and for the same price if the actual vendor/company Vintagevdubs can't even ship the orders complete to the customers that actually purchase outright from Vintagevdubs. So if the people buying from the new advertiser selling Vintagevdubs stuff sells a kit how are they going to provide a complete kit for their customers if Vintagevdubs can't Shocked doesn't make sense to me at all Confused just my .2 cents Wink
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Ron said that Bruce told him that Jason was doing all the internet sales for him now because Bruce just couldn't keep up with the demand. I'm not defending this company. I'm just passing on what I was told today.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I have been communicating with Jason from freebirdstorefront since yesterday on my vvw order. So far in a days time I've gotten more answers then the whole time of the order. Jason has not only answered my emails and phone calls, he texted me pictures of half of my order being loaded by ups. He has explained why I'm only getting half and where the issue lies. I would suggest that anyone who isn't hearing back from vvw to contact Jason at freebirdstorefront and put him on the mission. I'll post back when the rear suspension comes in and I'll update as I hear more about the rest of the order
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Our issues started after they accepted payment. Half the order shipped monday, I've been able to track it. We are only half way there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: