Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which lifters
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Which lifters Reply with quote

I'm finally getting some time to get back around to work on the 2110 I'm building for my dad's 72 beetle. I'm going through the parts we bought back when we started this project and ran across two sets of lifters. We're running an FK8 and a have a new set of EMPI bullet lifters without the hole that came in the bottom end kit I bought from car craft. I've also got a set of German "black" lifters I bought for a previous project.

I'm nearing assembly of the short block and I'm looking for suggestions on what lifters to use. I've used Empi cranks and rods before with suggest but no history with their lifters... heads are 050s with dual berg springs.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

be sure to deburr the cam lobes.my empi lifters in my 2028 have over 100000 miles in 2 diferent motors. first a little over 30000 miles in my 2332, then when I pulled it appart to go roller. the cam&lifters went in to my 2028 and are still there.over 75000 miles ago.. they have the hole.I like hole.
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

None. If the cam blank is a sc1 or ep10, use scats. If they are ep12 you can use cb lightwieghts. Empis are ok for milder builds. I'm just not sure about the capability of the black lifters personally. So I'd over build with quality. This is just based on what I have used them for and based on my opinion.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

Bashr52 wrote:
We're running an FK8 and a have a new set of EMPI bullet lifters without the hole that came in the bottom end kit I bought from car craft. I've also got a set of German "black" lifters I bought for a previous project.

If these are older German black lifters, they might be Wizemann (pronounced Vit-za-mon) lifters which were an excellent quality product. I ran Wizemann lifters with my Engle FK8 a few years ago in my street-strip Beetle. They were great. I still have the cam and lifters and might use them again some day, when I de-tune by 2332 cc.

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

I have Wizemann lifters that I had Parkerized matched with my FK8.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
I have Wizemann lifters that I had Parkerized matched with my FK8.

Those look very close to what I have. Mine came without the original packaging but someone wrote a big W on the end of them.

Any way to tell for sure what they are?
Der6VoltFahrers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

Tool-steel lifters from Thorsten Pieper. Best lifters ever Wink

http://www.tp-technologie.de/produkte%20stoessel%20en.htm
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

Ive been very happy using Moresa brand lifters.

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

Der6VoltFahrers wrote:

Quote:
Ideal replacement for the legendary Wizemann lifter

Glad I found a NOS set for $40 a few months ago.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

Der6VoltFahrers wrote:

I just bought another set for an engine that Im tearing down. I found some flakes in the oil that made me nervous. They look like lifter flakes. So I have begun tearing down my 2276.

Just a heads up- Thorsten TS28s were at 320Euro this time, Shipped! Last time I bought a set for my turbo project I paid 400 Euro shipped. Now might be a good time to purchase, although Im not sure hes giving me a great price because I bought a set before. Hes currently out of lifters till next week. Looking forward to running the TS28s with my 86c. Hopefully the cam is unscathed.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Udo.B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lifters Reply with quote

Aircooled net got a new order of my lifters , so they have enough in stock right now . 94 Gramms

Udo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: