Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rubber boots insulaters for elec studs
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: rubber boots insulaters for elec studs Reply with quote

Where can these be found? I've exhausted all local sources to find these, and no one even seems to know what I'm talking about. And when I show them they don't have them available, and that goes for Autozone, and all the others. I found them on the internet, but a shipping costs are ridiculous---up to $14.00. Found them on Amazon, but by the time you add shipping cost they were $7.00 each for something that I doubt even weighs as much as 2 oz.

I thought this was a common item, but guess not. Anybody know where I can find these. Bob
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: rubber boots insulaters for elec studs Reply with quote

Which electrical connectors?

Fuel injection harness?
The T-1 through T-4 type covers under the dash
Fuel pump rubber boots?

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: rubber boots insulaters for elec studs Reply with quote

Fuel pump rubber boots
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: rubber boots insulaters for elec studs Reply with quote

Check online in the Auveco catalog. They may have something that fits.Then check their dealer list to see who is more local.

Which pump is thiw for....the oriiginal D-jet?

For the D-jet plug. ...A simpler way that works very well if you cant find a boot....is to make sure the terminals inside are new and clean, clean the plug with contact cleaner. Then remove the pump...just hanging down on the hoses.

Plug in the plug. ...with some pro gold connector enhancement if you have any......to prevent future corrosion from moisture in the air........then run a small thin, external bead of high temp silicone around the outside joint,where the pug meets the pump body. Then pack a shallow dab in behind each wire connector. Let it dry....bolt the pump back up.

I have used this for years. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: rubber boots insulaters for elec studs Reply with quote

Are the boots for the brake light switches close enough to work?
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: rubber boots insulaters for elec studs Reply with quote

Oh....wait....he just installed an Airtex E2000. Ah.....normal boots for "elctrical studs".....just like he noted.

These are commonly used on the backs of alternators and on many types of electrical motors.....and many newer car fuel pumps.

Fastenal should have a few....motion inrustries has a few.....any electric motor shop should have a few.....and in the electriclal section of your local FLAPS....look in that "help" section with the bloster packed generic parts and I bet you wi find what you need.

Many cars use these on the backs of the star5er terminal wires. Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: