Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

L610 Delta Green ('68-70 Beetle)
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: L610 Delta Green ('68-70 Beetle) Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've got a question for you all about this specific color code. (L610 Delta Green)

First though, excuse my ignorance when it comes to paint and body; I normally spend my time on the performance forum and this aesthetic aspect is not my forte at all.

So I'm getting ready to have my '70 bug painted in this color. I'm pretty sure it is this color that I want, a dark, non-metallic green that would have originally come on the car. Seems to me like this is the darkest green that VW offered in the late sixties. (They had darker on earlier Buses, but a little too dark for my taste.)

Now, it has been a challenge for me finding newer pictures of anyones' cars on the forum with this color. Anyone reading this have a Delta-Green anything to show? I just want to make sure that the shade is up to my liking. Googling left me uncertain because there is a picture of one car that is darker than the others, so there is my concern.

Next, if anyone reading this has already painted their ride in this L610, can they give me any pointers on the kind of paint they used? Manufacturer, maybe even series number, and how the results came out? Was it single or dual stage?

I did read the glasurit recipe thread, but I'm not sure if those recipes relevant to other brands of paint if I cannot find glasurit!

I asked in a paint shop by my neck of the woods if they could source the paint and after calling their supplier they said YES, in "URETHANE" type. I asked what kind of shine it had and they said it was shiny, but it was a single stage "Urethane" paint. Kind of vague, but they did tell me it was very durable paint, akin to the ones used on commercial Ford trucks and stuff.

So to reiterate, they can only get it in "Urethane", whether that means the supplier can only source it like that, or they aren't able to formulate a base/clear system, I have no clue. They did offer me a VERY long warranty on it which I thought was odd, but cool. 8 years. Whatever THAT means Rolling Eyes

So, any pointers would be appreciated, this seems to not be a very popular color at all. Here is what I believe is delta green.

This won't be a 6 million dollar paint job, just a really nice job for a 250 mile a week daily driver. No Ultra 7 thousand mile deep shine. Actually I'm not a fan of the super shiny plasticky look of super ultra shiny paints. The level of shine these cars would have originally come with is perfect for me.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?t...e196844078

Thanks very much in advance!

-Frank
Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: L610 Delta Green ('68-70 Beetle) Reply with quote

Well it looks like this color is more uncommon than I thought. Guess I'll have to take the gamble!

-Frank
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: