Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paste wax
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Paste wax Reply with quote

I realize there are a bazillion kinds of Carnauba Wax's on the market but my question is going to be about Meguiars G7014J Gold Class Paste Wax. Are there users of this paste wax and what was your opinion of it? Thanks in advance for feedback.
chase4food
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

RCB wrote:
I realize there are a bazillion kinds of Carnauba Wax's on the market but my question is going to be about Meguiars G7014J Gold Class Paste Wax. Are there users of this paste wax and what was your opinion of it? Thanks in advance for feedback.

It may not be the answer you are looking for if you are set on Carnauba wax. I used to use Carnauba wax, until I discover synthetic wax and read up on waxing. Carnauba wax is high maintenance but will give the best presentation for show cars. Problem is they don't last.

I have since use Klasse and never look back. If applied to pristine condition paint surface, it can last many seasons.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

what Isolde wants Isolde doesn't always get, 4 I know what is best for her - Liebe macht frei
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

For top dollar wax I used Pinnacle Souveran, great stuff and does give a great shine but does not last.

My main wax is P21S. Lasts, easy to use, works well, won't satin plastic. The applicator that is included is odd, I actually use it but most use a regular "yellow" pad.

I used to use Meguiars #7 for everything but P21S is now all I want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

A friend of mine runs a mobile auto polishing and detailing business. Most of his business is the auto body shops. I asked him about waxes and what he uses. He said he's tried a lot of different brands and finds they all perform about the same. A wax job he does holds up for about 4 car washes. Or about 4 rainy days. Since he guarantees his wax jobs for 6 months, he had to have something better.
He turned me onto this:
http://www.rejex.com/
He said it will outperform any paste wax for staying power.
It's hard to find but once you have it you'll agree it does what he claims.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

All the waxes I used last more than 4 washes, I am a to a run wash the truck guy so that would be a week.

P21S lasts me a strong 3 months and more like 6.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, some good information. I have an 82 Westy with an original single stage Factory coating. Its 99.9% original. Clays up real nice..looks great when "polished " Ive used the Orange Can Polish ( forgot the name of it ). Usually I just hose it off a few times a Month, and the water still beads off.

Right now the trees are shedding their tar/sugar so I washed it earlier this week and clayed it and am going to try the Meguiars Gold Paste Wax that Amazon just delivered.

Will see how it holds up to my hosing off ( not washing ) for the next few Months. Time will tell. Laughing
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

Go to Autogeek.net and go to the forum or the store and read up.

There are lot better options out there, but Meguiars does make good products.

As stated earlier, pure carnuba will be gone in probably less than 3 months. A polymer sealant will last longer. Some are combinations of sealants/polymers like Meguiars 26. Then there are other waxes like Collinite that last nearly a year. The new trend over the past few years are coatings.

Like I said there is a lot to learn. The first thing is learning how to wash and dry without inducing swirls, and then not parking under trees for sap and bird dropping that will etch your paint.
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
Go to Autogeek.net and go to the forum or the store and read up.

There are lot better options out there, but Meguiars does make good products.

As stated earlier, pure carnuba will be gone in probably less than 3 months. A polymer sealant will last longer. Some are combinations of sealants/polymers like Meguiars 26. Then there are other waxes like Collinite that last nearly a year. The new trend over the past few years are coatings.

Like I said there is a lot to learn. The first thing is learning how to wash and dry without inducing swirls, and then not parking under trees for sap and bird dropping that will etch your paint.

Thanks for the lead " 74 Thing ", Ill do some due diligence. Unfortunately I live in a town where we have parking permits and my permit ( based on my address ) is assigned to streets with nothing but trees and trees attract birds.
Parking in another district can cause a $ 65.00 fine.

I was rather impressed with the end results after using the Meguiars Gold. Better results may be in the future but for now, I have a pretty full can of the G7014J.
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Paste wax Reply with quote

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/

http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-845/dp/B000JK2D06

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax... great price, great product. Super easy to apply.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: