Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SHALOM4EVER - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: SHALOM4EVER
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 24, 2024
thesatanicmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: SHALOM4EVER - [email protected] Reply with quote

Have emailed through the site 4 times & PM'd twice over the last 45 days & have had no response. Figuring he's not a Baptist, but may still be offended by my user name, I've asked a few Sambanians I know to ping him too about some parts that he is offering for sale. No joy.

His ads are being renewed, can that happen automatically? Is he dead in a ditch somewhere?

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum, but never had someone so reluctant to take my money before...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, ads cannot be renewed automatically

I see he visited "Today" so maybe his email is not working.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alaric.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to make contact many times and no reply to be had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed him directly about the posts in here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've emailed him a few times too no response either.
thesatanicmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have emailed again 4 times and sent another PM. Had 2 more friends try to contact him via email. No joy.

It's a really painful dead end. He keeps renewing ads for things I'd REALLY like to buy. Guess he's going on my ignore list. Can't bear to keep seeing things that are tantalizingly dangled out there...
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM4EVER - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you so much , the differential is in excellent condition. Arrived fast and well packaged.
A pleasure to deal with you ~ Gary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KS_Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM4EVER - [email protected] Reply with quote

Had a similar experience to others.in here. Sent a few emails. Finally heard back weeks later after I had gotten parts elsewhere. Seems to have a great collection of parts. Would love to do business.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM4EVER - [email protected] Reply with quote

The seller is slow to respond. How does he ever expect to sell anything?
I want to buy a steering rack and Now I see a muffler I need too for my niece but what do I have to do, drive to New York to get it?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM4EVER - [email protected] Reply with quote

You would think a seller wants to sell but no matter what I do he doesn't seem to. He ask for money order but when asked for address to send it, nothing. I would BEWARE of this seller.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM4EVER - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'll throw in a little background, as I've net this guy and been to his place, and bought some stuff. His father, a retired life long VW mechanic, has a decent sized hoard of stuff. I think his name is Ajax, and his son is selling everything. Some of it is decent, and some is not, and all of it has been subject to the salt air of Jamaica Bay, which is 50' from the garage door. I responded to a craigslist ad several (3?) years ago, and drove out because the pictures weren't clear, but he had some stuff I wanted.
Long story short, the weber IDA's I wanted were pretty corroded and one seized from the salt air. I got some mint Dell FRD's for cheap, and a few never cut engine cases. When I split one there was some salt damage inside, and it ended up being unusable, thats the risk. Many of the cranks/ rods/ pistons had oxidation and rust, but some didn't. Just hit or miss.
His prices were fair, and we did haggle back and forth a bit. No issue there, but getting in touch with him was a giant pain in the ass at first. I'd send a phone number and go from there if you can get him to call you. Ask for a bunch of pics and specific questions and maybe you can strike a deal. He's not a bad dude, just email challenged, at least that was my take on it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: