Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

Last weekend, My son and I took a ride up Highway 1 in the Manxter to a little roadhouse that we like. We were there with my dad just a few months before he passed this year, and Bobby wanted to go back. I made a little film to capture a bit of the ride. Turn the sound up and enjoy.

Link
germanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

Nice little vid to remember your dad. Pretty sure he was watching your ride...

Wish I had the sea nearby and the weather...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

Nice... Know the road well....

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

Heartwarming video.

It's nice that you can share moments like that with your son. Processing the loss of a loved one can and should be done in remembering the stuff that brought you joy. When the cam switches to you son's side you can definitely tell that he is one happy little fella. Smile

It hit close to home because I have a daughter about the same age as your son. She asks a lot of questions about my father (he passed before her birth) and wants to know everything about him. And one time, while on a buggy cruise, we drove by a marina and I started telling her some of my dad's boating stories (my dad was a sailboat junkie).

I should start hooking the gopro up to the buggy. I only use it on scuba diving runs, but I should capture some moments in the buggy as well.
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

Me and some frinds went down that Highway when I was out there in the service. It was a nice ride. Great views. At the time I had a black 68 Mustang ( at home ) I got to see a 68 orgin Cali Mustang come by I got some pictures of it. Those are hard to find.
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

Definitely a "bucket list" item!

On 3 occasions when we had to go to southern California we flew into San Francisco instead of LAX, drove a rental Mustang convertible down the Pacific Coast Highway. Absolutely stunning views for sure. Be sure to take 17 Mile Drive at Carmel....

A similar item.... try the Amtrak Coast Starlight. We hopped on at San Luis Obispo headed south, rode it to LA. Spectacular run literally on the coast for 90 minutes or so heading into Santa Barbara, some places you are can't see land between you and the water, quite a bit of the ride the tracks are between the highway and the water, nothing taking away from the views of the waves crashing on the beaches and rocks. Huge upper level reclining leather seats, large picture windows...and no traffic, no gawkers trying to run you off the road. Sit back with a coffee or adult beverage and enjoy. Doesn't get much better!

Semi-pro tourists?

(With way more projects than spare time!)
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

In my mind the whole coast is beautiful, the most spectacular section is between Carmel and San Luis Obispo.. Stopping at Big Sur or having lunch at Nepenthys... Sitting on terrace with not much between you and the water but 500 feet on nothing... And sunsets are stunning...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: A dunebuggy cruise up Highway 1 Reply with quote

We are pretty spoiled to have this coastline in our backyard, and try not to take if for granted. It was Bobby's idea to move the camera to the other side of the buggy for the return trip so we could capture the best scenery along the way. Thanks for the interest in the film.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: