Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Do people get random texts like I do??
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

I tried to play nice at first. Why are people so stupid? Did they think I was kidding at first? Did they think by putting a name it would suddenly jar my memory and I'd remember I did in fact have a brother?

I didn't hide the number on purpose. In a perfect world world everyone on the samba will text him and ask for a random person.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Then the other day I got a text from Nigeria. I tried to offer them a deal and never heard a response.

Does anyone else mess with people like this? Or am I the only asshole that does this?
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

No surprise. "Texting" is inherently stupid.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Me too

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

When did you get your number? I've had mine for 13 years now and I don't get weird texts.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
I tried to play nice at first. Why are people so stupid? Did they think I was kidding at first? Did they think by putting a name it would suddenly jar my memory and I'd remember I did in fact have a brother?

I didn't hide the number on purpose. In a perfect world world everyone on the samba will text him and ask for a random person.Then the other day I got a text from Nigeria. I tried to offer them a deal and never heard a response. Does anyone else mess with people like this? Or am I the only asshole that does this?

Ocassionally I've received something of this nature, however rather than respond and confirm they've reached a working number I will disregard and delete them. I think it's better than it used to be when we had a land line and the phone would ring during dinner or early evening.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
When did you get your number? I've had mine for 13 years now and I don't get weird texts.

Ive had this number for about 8 years.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Don't know... Other than phone calls telling me I won a trip to the Bahamas I don't get to many randoms.
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

I'll trade you an overly verbose texter for your random texter.

I have a friend who is overly verbose, both in person, and texting.

Once, I rec'd 23 texts from him in about 3 hours. Rolling Eyes
Typically, when I receive a text and see it's from him, I just ignore the text alerts for the next few hours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

I don't do texts.

On my home phone (Ooma) I do get random calls. I ask if the call is being recorded. If they respond yes, than I say "then you'll be able to replay me hanging up on you as many times as you want".

If they respond no, it's adjusted to "too bad, you won't be able to replay me hanging up on you as many times as you want".
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

I will stick to my dumb phone thank you.

It stays in my car...it never leaves. I don't have a data plan. I do send an occasional text.

But I am 100% free from the bondage of today's cell phone control. Its really a wonderful feeling.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:

It stays in my car...it never leaves. I don't have a data plan. I do send an occasional text.

But I am 100% free from the bondage of today's cell phone control. Its really a wonderful feeling.

Me too, I'm getting rid of the VW and getting a horse. Dadgumit.
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

A Friend got a new job that came with a company provided phone. He was getting a ton of texts and calls for the previous owner of the number, some really bizarre stuff. Turns out the number belonged to a stripper. Once we found that out it was Game On for the random callers and texters. He had a lengthy story about how the phone was found on a dead body for the random callers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:

I sure miss my bag-phone. Crying or Very sad
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
...rather than respond and confirm they've reached a working number I will disregard and delete them.

This.

Or replay with the infamous Nigerian royalty scam invitation. #sarcasm
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

there trying to hack your phone, just tell them your late for a bj and hand up.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Ah, Mark….
mark tucker wrote:
there trying to hack your phone, just tell them your late for a bj and hand up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Does anyone else mess with people like this? Or am I the only asshole that does this?

There's people that have been doing this on a whole other level.... Not just texting random dirty stuff back... We're talking mind gaming scammers into building them pyramids or banners and taking photos.

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
I will stick to my dumb phone thank you. It stays in my car...it never leaves. I don't have a data plan. I do send an occasional text.

Similar to me, my TracFone lives in the glove box of my truck. I added a 12 volt socket there to keep it charged.

I do have a 12 volt socket in my '71 Convertible too.

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

There's people that have been doing this on a whole other level.... Not just texting random dirty stuff back... We're talking mind gaming scammers into building them pyramids or banners and taking photos.

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

Some funny stuff on there.
daisy71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Do people get random texts like I do?? Reply with quote

Just don't give your number out to the "local singles in your area" or "single moms looking for some fun".

Sent from my Telegraph
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: