Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

HELLO !! from Davis,CA just got a 1967 Beetle
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
benindavis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: HELLO !! from Davis,CA just got a 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Hi all!
We just got a 1967 Beetle. Its a project for sure. ( gonna be a Dad/ son thing Im hoping) The body is fairly straight, the interior is fairly clean ( looks like some AM carpeting and possibly seats. All the glass appears to be original. 4 speed tranny seems to be in good shape. The engine will be arriving shortly haha!! We bought it from my older brother who pulled the engine to do some work on it, but the bug is not his thing. He is more of a bus guy. He had been driving it back and forth to work for the last couple years, but decided to do some wrenching on it. Then my wife convinced him he had too many projects and that he should sell it to us!
I myself have VERY little experience with VW's in general and am looking forward to a new adventure in pleasure and pain. Smile

Looking forward to getting to know some locals as well as the gang from far afield!

Ben
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO !! from Davis,CA just got a 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Welcome!

If you ever need a hand turning a wrench let me know. I'm always looking for an excuse to have some murder burger and dutch bros. Plus we have the same name so I'm obligated to be nice haha.
johnr156
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO !! from Davis,CA just got a 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Same here. I'm just down the road in Dixon. I'm in the middle of a complete restore project. Let me know if you need anything.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: HELLO !! from Davis,CA just got a 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Welcome. just be sure to ask many questions so you can filter through all the bad spelling and grammar and arrive at the right answer so you don't do something rong.
And....before you buy some used parts off the classified's check their feedback, most are good but there are still some scammers.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO !! from Davis,CA just got a 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Great, Just what we need here, yet another 67 to obsess over. Shocked
Welcome to the tribe Ben. Take up Cali_Army_Guy(Ben) on his offer. He takes every opportunity to show off his Gorgeous Black 66. Just make sure that you give him hell for the aftermarket windshield on his car. Very Happy Just kidding Cali. Also Johnr in Dixon would be a great help too, as you know he's close to ya.
Have fun and enjoy the learning experience. When you get stuck. Ask a question here. Folks here are more than willing to lend a bit of knowledge. We all had to start somewhere.
Have a great weekend.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: