Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Edgestar FP430 Transformer
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceTaylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Edgestar FP430 Transformer Reply with quote

My Edgestar FP430 only works on 120v. From what I can learn, it appears that I need a transformer and it is no longer available. Am I SOL or does anyone know of a "work around" to make this work on 12v again.

Thanks for any responses.
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Edgestar FP430 Transformer Reply with quote

AceTaylor wrote:
My Edgestar FP430 only works on 120v. From what I can learn, it appears that I need a transformer and it is no longer available. Am I SOL or does anyone know of a "work around" to make this work on 12v again.

Here you go: http://tinyurl.com/z84gobz (using Tinyurl because the EdgeStar website wouldn't link correctly)

just 8$, and according to the manual (pg:2-4) this is all you need for 12v DC power to your FP430.

I'll find my van someday, or it will find me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
AceTaylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Edgestar FP430 Transformer Reply with quote

I have the 12v. power cord. It has worked well for 6 years. The internal transformer is bad and is no longer available from Edgestar. I'm curious if anyone else has solved this problem or found a repair for the transformer.

I suppose I could always get a power inverter and continue to power on 120v.
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Edgestar FP430 Transformer Reply with quote

AceTaylor wrote:
I have the 12v. power cord. It has worked well for 6 years. The internal transformer is bad and is no longer available from Edgestar. I'm curious if anyone else has solved this problem or found a repair for the transformer.

I suppose I could always get a power inverter and continue to power on 120v.

That would be brutal on your battery system... remember that a 120v inverter will just eat a % of your battery... and you'll just lose that % in the conversion.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
erdonline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Edgestar FP430 Transformer Reply with quote

DwarfVader wrote:
AceTaylor wrote:

Here you go: http://tinyurl.com/z84gobz (using Tinyurl because the EdgeStar website wouldn't link correctly)

just 8$, and according to the manual (pg:2-4) this is all you need for 12v DC power to your FP430.

Although not the part he needs, it's not $8.00, but $48.00.
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Edgestar FP430 Transformer Reply with quote

erdonline wrote:
DwarfVader wrote:
AceTaylor wrote:

Although not the part he needs, it's not $8.00, but $48.00.

That's wonky as hell... either I was losing my mind or it showed 8$ earlier today. Shocked (I'm probably losing my mind.)

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: