Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Hi,

I have bought the sp dual H32/34 PDSI carb setup from CB Performance that I have installed on my 1500 68 bug and I was just wondering how the trottle return springs fit. I have no idea where they fix.
Don't hesitate to post a picture if you have the same kit.

Thanks for your help,

Bernard
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

This help ya?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My springs are attached to homemade tabs on the rear head tin screws.
Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Yes, this helps a lot. Thanks,
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Herrbern wrote:
Yes, this helps a lot. Thanks,

What dist. are you running? If it's vac. advance you may have to bend the choke rods just a little as they tend to force the throttle plates open just a little. When this happens you get a slight vac. signal at idle. Check your timing with the vac. can attached and then with the hose disconnected and plugged. If all is good the timing will not change. If it changes then you need to do the choke rod adjustment.
Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

I have a 019 on the car. I haven't adjusted anything yet, so I will see how the dizzy works with these carbs.
Thanks for the tip.
Access to the adjustment scews are not easy compared to kadrons. But I will make it.
Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Thinking about getting these carbs for myself... How do you like them so far? Out of the box were there any apparent issues? How is the overall quality? They seem like good value for those of us who don't care for blistering performance but would like ease of starts without the issues of a centermount.
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Frank Bassman wrote:
Thinking about getting these carbs for myself... How do you like them so far? Out of the box were there any apparent issues? How is the overall quality? They seem like good value for those of us who don't care for blistering performance but would like ease of starts without the issues of a centermount.

The kit is perfect. New brosol carbs and complete kit. Everything is present, even the fuel lines and clamps.
The only problem is the access to the tuning screws, which is difficult with the side tar boards. But that's a detail. One tuned and balanced, I think the carbs are better for stock engines than the larger Kadrons. And you have the chokes if you live in a cold region.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Herrbern,
If you look closely at the pic I posted above. You can see a small washer soldered in the volume control screw slots. This makes adjustments a little easier since there is no room to get a screw driver along side the carbs. I use a coin to adjust the idle when needed.
Good Luck.

Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Good to hear! I see you're running the stock pump and a fuel pressure regulator too... similar to what I am thinking too. Nice to hear they are working out, I was thinking for smaller displacement motors this would be great. (Mine is a 1700 dual port... I do have to re vent and jet them but I'm not worried about that as much as I am about float levels etc..)

The soldered washer idea is BRILLIANT!

-Frank
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

The washer idea is great. I will do it this weekend. Thanks
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
This help ya?

My springs are attached to homemade tabs on the rear head tin screws.
Good Luck.

Still some questions:
You have tin soldered the washers ? Or are they glued?
Also, I have the side sound deadners still on the car. Do I have to remove them ?
For the oil breather, which solution have you ? As the air filters are not equiped with the pipe for it.

Thanks,

Bernard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Hang on a bit. I'll post a couple pics of the filter and washer setup's. It's early here.
Have a great day.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Ok here is the washer soldered(tin) into the screw groove

This is the barbed fitting that I installed into the right filter base for ventilation.

And this is the bowl vent setup. It's a short length of exhaust pipe with a nipple welded to it.

I hope all this helps.

Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Thank you for the pictures.
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

Hi 67rustavenger,

I can not have those carbs work properly. When I adjust the idle with the carbs sync, when accelerating, the engine seems to turn on 3 cylinders. It's like it is getting too much fuel. Spark plugs are black.

What is the jetting for a 1600cc engine? Is it the jetting from CB Performance ok, or do I have to rejet the carbs ? And what about the accelerator pump quantity?
Finally, the springs seems to be too fexible to recall the levers to the idle screws. Are you using them on your car, or have you replaced them ?

Thanks again for your help
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

they are jetted for ethanol out of the box, which is why you have black plugs.

Do you still have the puny 22mm venturis? Step up to 28mm.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

You are right. My venturi is 22mm, with main jet 130 and air 100. The engine is running too rich.

I will change the venturies on both carbs.
Herrbern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: H32/34 PDSI carb Fron CB Performance Reply with quote

I have received my new venturies and will reinstall the carbs in the coming weeks on the car.
I still have some doubs about the quality of the central linkage.
Which other linkage can I buy? Scat or csp even if they don't mention the pdsi carbs....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: