Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Selling 5th wheel camper on CL concerns
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOLiiD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Selling 5th wheel camper on CL concerns Reply with quote

Hi, im new to the forum but have a ponder after many of the same kind of calls... Im selling my 5th wheel camper I never used, on craigslist. I keep getting phone calls from people saying they are with so and so agency or whatever wanting to know if id let them take care of selling it or whatever... honestly, I immediately suspect theyre trying to scam me and dont care to listen to what they have say. Is any of that real are they really trying to scam me out of a lot of money? I really dont know how to come about this situation but I gotta sell it for what I owe on it, which is right in the middle of what its worth for the high and low.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Selling 5th wheel camper on CL concerns Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647752
This topic will give you an idea of what to expect.
Clist is a great way to post your merchandise to a large audience (for free), but it is also full of scammers, low ballers, & other assholes that thrive on the anonymity that the internet provides.

Deal only in person & preferably in cash.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Selling 5th wheel camper on CL concerns Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

Deal only in person & preferably in cash.

In a safe, well-lit, public place. Not at your home if at all possible!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SOLiiD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Selling 5th wheel camper on CL concerns Reply with quote

Of course, cash only. Wont and cant release the title without the EXACT amount in hand. Preferably done somewhere with lots of people and cameras. The camper is being sold on a military base, so trying something sneaky wont yield in good results.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling 5th wheel camper on CL concerns Reply with quote

Don,t put your phone # on cl, you will get all kinds of fucktards calling at all hours. Let them respond thru cl email and weed out the idiots.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling 5th wheel camper on CL concerns Reply with quote

Always have someone with you whenever you are meeting someone to look at this thing. Wearing your uniform won't hurt.
I'd remove things like the propane bottles and battery or they will grow legs.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: