Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rear apron differences
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drivingpenguin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: rear apron differences Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I have an NOS rear apron but i don't know what car it's for. Any idea of the difference between the rear apron for a fast, square or notch? It looks like it's for a notch (which would be sweet) but i can't tell for sure Embarassed
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the center top of it, if it has an indent, then it's for a Fast/Square, but if it doesn't have the indent, then it's for a Notch. I know, because I have all 3 of those cars here, and the Fast & Square rear aprons look similar in shape and style. I hope this helps.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
drivingpenguin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, i see... i guess that indent would accomodate a different decklid latch maybe. so it looks like this is for a notch! i recently bought a notch that came with a bunch of great stuff - one item was this apron.

bob, i checked out the roadster pics from the link in your sig... is it blue and white now or still black and white? it looks so stinkin cool.
tomnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this right here on this forum, the DDB pix fron the cruz.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

good view of two types.

DVKK

DSD, Dark Side Disciples
Progenitor
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drivingpenguin wrote:
ahhh, i see...

bob, i checked out the roadster pics from the link in your sig... is it blue and white now or still black and white? it looks so stinkin cool.

No, it's still black and white. I haven't gotten off my lazy butt and fixed the dents that remain or anything like that, that needed being fixed before paint. I have been cruizing it though. Twisted Evil Got gas in it yesterday, and today the price dropped 8 cents. Shocked D'OH. Been working on my neighbor's chopped and paneled 71 Square (brakes). Also been helping my son with his Roadster, as he's been doing some metal work (finishing up what he started back in November).He's wanting to change the color on his, but wants the metal work finished first.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
drivingpenguin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sh*t bob, where the heck do you live? i need to move in right next door!! Very Happy i've got three freakin vws and NONE are running!! (i do have an excuse though cuz i've got a broken leg)
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the squareback / fastback aprons interchange, but the carrier plate that the trunk catch or striker bolts to is diffrent on each model, so you need to change apron skin only if your using aprons between the 2 models...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: