Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Source for German Solex 34-3 linkage parts
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Source for German Solex 34-3 linkage parts Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Does anyone know of a source for these accelerator pump linkage parts being sold new? I've googled around w/out luck finding them. I've emailed Tim @ Volkzbitz to see if he's had some made since he's does so many carb rebuilds.

I know I can look for better parts from other donor Solex 34-3's but want to make sure I'm not missing a vendor that may have had these parts re-po'd. I guess if I can't find anyone, I'll weld the holes shut on the brackets and redrill them and also weld up the wear on the pins and grind the pins back down. I just don't want to go the route unless I have to.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Source for German Solex 34-3 linkage parts Reply with quote

Did you look in the Samba Classifieds? This guy is selling Solex parts on Ebay. I would email him. http://stores.ebay.com/AirCoolin-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

If not I think I have a rebuildable 34-3 I could sell you.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Source for German Solex 34-3 linkage parts Reply with quote

yamaducci wrote:
Did you look in the Samba Classifieds? This guy is selling Solex parts on Ebay. I would email him. http://stores.ebay.com/AirCoolin-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

If not I think I have a rebuildable 34-3 I could sell you.

Thanks for the link. I have scoured the classifieds on here. I posted this question to be sure I didn't miss some place repopping and selling these linkages. I spoke to Tim at Volkzbitz and he doesn't have any either.

I can fix my parts but I just didn't want to unless it was necessary. Thanks for the offer on purchasing your used carb though.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: