Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1970 squareback FI help
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
72squareguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 squareback FI help Reply with quote

any luck???...
Elguerrogigante
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 squareback FI help Reply with quote

72squareguy wrote:
any luck???...

It's running and idling every time i start it now. Idles a little rough until it's warm then it smooths out. For a while it was dying after a few seconds at most. I went through the front half of the car and fixed all the wiring. Now all the electrical up front works and is wired right. I found a few connections that were pretty bad, one was to the fuel pump relay and the other to the power relay. Other than that I've been taking Rays advice and trying to get familiar with the whole system. In the next few days i should have some free time from work to start setting other things straight.
72squareguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 squareback FI help Reply with quote

Elguerrogigante wrote:
72squareguy wrote:
any luck???...

It's running and idling every time i start it now. Idles a little rough until it's warm then it smooths out. For a while it was dying after a few seconds at most. I went through the front half of the car and fixed all the wiring. Now all the electrical up front works and is wired right. I found a few connections that were pretty bad, one was to the fuel pump relay and the other to the power relay. Other than that I've been taking Rays advice and trying to get familiar with the whole system. In the next few days i should have some free time from work to start setting other things straight.

Yup! Ray sure does give some good advice with his long lists of things to do Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: