Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Install stereo 72 Squareback
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogolorito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Install stereo 72 Squareback Reply with quote

Ok so I thought I would save money and buy the equipment first then just have it installed. I bought a Custom Autosound USA 230 and a pair of 6.5" coaxial speakers and some kick plates for a 72 and the quotes I am getting for install are pretty outrageous. Some Upwards of 500 dollars. I can't see that an install would be that difficult so I am asking if anyone has the simple know how to get me through it. I don't have that much money to spend on an install but I need tunes man! Any help would be super! Thank you!

Last edited by gogolorito on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
lowlifenotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Install stereo 72 Squareback Reply with quote

its not that difficult if you have some basic knowledge and tools.. I installed the stereo and built the boxes for my 65 bug... Dont be scarred
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gogolorito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Install stereo 72 Squareback Reply with quote

lowlifenotch wrote:
its not that difficult if you have some basic knowledge and tools.. I installed the stereo and built the boxes for my 65 bug... Dont be scarred

Ha! I ain't scared. Just don't know the first thing about it. So any info would be awesome. I know how to install the speakers, I can figure that part out but the stereo install, antenna and wiring is where my knowledge falls short.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Install stereo 72 Squareback Reply with quote

Maybe seek out a local VW club, who may not know Type 3s but will be able to have the proper caution about wiring on an old VW.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Install stereo 72 Squareback Reply with quote

Maybe you should price a stereo installation. The places that gave you quotes might not know what an "install" is. Very Happy

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Install stereo 72 Squareback Reply with quote

What is your goal between having sound and keeping original appearance? I've been putting stereos in VWs for many years. In fact at one time my DD Type 1 had 12 speakers in it. However, between that and being on the flight line with F16s, my hearing is not the best. If you want to PM me about proceeding that would be fine, but I would like to see pictures of what you bought and know what your goals are.
Gone but not forgotten 72 Baja Bug 2010
My builds
T4 into Squareback http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458944&highlight=
Auto Trans Rebuild http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516066&highlight=
AC in Squareback https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: