Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintagevdubstheshop
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 07, 2017
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

just a little update, we received the rear suspension last week. Everything looked good except for a broken bolt in the stub axle. I called Jason and told him. He called me back within 5 minutes and assured me a different one will be here with the front suspension. He has also informed me that the front is in route. Will keep everyone posted
Petey100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

My nightmare with Vintage Vdubs is long. I ordered flipped spindles and an Irs kit . In the 7 month long ordeal Bruce did give me a beam for all the hassle . Where am I at now? I have an Irs kit that has bent Irs arms with nice powdercoat. I have IRS brackets so poorly made its not funny. I have a set of spindles with three wrong kingpins. I have thing drums with a big gouge in them from his horrible packaging . I am missing my ebrake extensions. I am going to tear out his entire IRS system that is junk and i Don't really know what to do with it as I do not feel right selling it. so after blowing all my budget with this company I will have a new beam and a dead project . True Everett about reading feedback however I trust your site. Do you know someone with a good deal on A straight aXle conversion complete with a tranny? I am broke and have a pile of useless parts from Vintage V-Dubs, it sucks to have to repurchase what I already bought. Thanks Bruce you and Vintage V-dubs have proven yourself well to be the shadiest of shady and it make me sick to see your ads on this site .
eurojunkman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petey100 wrote:
After 27 years in the parts industry I can say Sh%$ happens. My name is Peter Brown and I live in Airdrie Alberta Canada and on july6 2015 I placed an order with Bruce. I was dissatisfied with the time frame of response to my order and became concerned enough over my $3000 that I contacted Everett B. here on the Samba. Bruce did finally contact me and apologised profusely and has gone out of his way making it right . Business expansion , moving , staffing issues , shipping issues to Canada all compounding at once obviously overwhelmed Vintage VDubs and I can say my impression of Bruce and his crew has dramatically changed . My order has arrived and looks way better than I thought it would and Bruce has been exceptional at making me feel good about my decision to do business with him. I purchased a full suspension package from him for my 1960 Single cab and look forward to seeing it done! Thanks Bruce for the effort , I truly appreciate it! FIRST CLASS AT MAKING IT RIGHT!

Petey100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

You caught me there eurojunkman trying to be a decent human being, trying to not be a whiny customer, trying to not be a dick. I am a sucker for trusting Bruce, he has kind words and is great at warming people over(look how many) and i am feeling embarrassed that I made that statement that you reposted cause you CERTIFIED HOW BIG OF A SUCKER I AM thank you! I will begin tearing out his IRS conversion kit today, it will go on my shelf next to the spindles with different size king pins as I can't sell it knowing its problems. I will move on and buy an entire new setup from another business , and in the end I did recover $375usd of my $3000 dollars Canadian along with a bare beam thanks to the help of Everett here on the Samba. I can promise you it will never happen again. Once again Thank You for that!
MacLeod Willy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I just received my order from Vintage V Dub parts and the whole experience was great.
Very good communications from Katrina and sent me tracking numbers for the orders. They were sent out exactly as promised, UPS took their time but what I got was better than I expected.

I read a lot of negative reviews but I cant say a bad word about them at all.

I would purchase from them again.
plysaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

boy oh boy oh boy...

DO I FEEL LIKE A DUMBA$$

All you fine people that have gone before me ( 22 pages worth ) detailing issue after issue with Mr. Bruce.

Guess what? He F**ked me too!

DONT BUY THE REAR BRAKE KIT IT IS BULL$HIT!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

plysaker wrote:

DONT BUY THE REAR BRAKE KIT IT IS BULL$HIT!!!

Some detail and specifics would be useful - did he fail to deliver product? (timeline?) did he deliver poor quality product? (pictures/description of problem?) have you tried to resolve the problem with him?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
michel MD deschamps
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Bruce,

what is your problem?
Why you are not responding to my phone calls
why you are not answering back my mails?
Why u keep my money 4,000$ since a year
and not shipping my order ?
What is your problem?
A customer who should nt open your site.
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

plysaker wrote:

Same. Parts were held for ransom because I opened a PayPal dispute. Parts received were of the same great quality as EMPI. Ended up at the top of a mountain with no brakes. 0/10 wouldn't wish that experience on my enemies.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Robert Anderson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

EverettB
I wanted to share with you only parts of a conversation I had with Bruce from Vintage VDubs. I hope you post this to warn others. Both he and Jason tried to get me to pay $1700 for a THING front beam that he didn't have and promised to build. When I said I would pick it up, his attitude changed. Please read below. I don't understand why you would allow people to scam the readers of your site?... I see there are TONS of complaints about this guy.
ME...Share with me when it would be ready and I can come out there and pick it up. Actually, you said it was easily installed. I could bring the THING with me and have your folks install it for a fee. Share with me timeline that would work?
Bruce...Ok I can have Jason get with you and we can schedule it.. I had him cancel the invoice due to our work load as u know we're busy and behind so we have to address the customers that pay to get on the waiting list first and prices can vary from our suppliers. I'll have Jason get with you and work out details.
ME...Bruce, it appears this is exactly your problem!! Nobody should pay to get on your waiting list???? I see post after post on Samba that indicates many people have paid you to simply wait. I would like to pay you for an item you say you can deliver. Two texts ago there was zero challenge making and sending out an invoice, now because I'm not sending you any money, you're suddenly, "busy and behind". Furthermore, you stated that your customers "pay to get on the waiting list first"?? As well as leaving room to scam your customers with pricing as you just stated that "prices can vary from your suppliers". Seems to me that you are operating a scam sir. You have offended the wrong person and I will do everything to let EVERYONE know how you operate.
Bruce...U never bought from us
And our prices are being raised due to that we have increased staff
So ya prices will be raised and tons of shops have a waiting list and get paid in the orders
We're back ordered and I stated that to u in the begging
Sorry u feel upset but we don't carry this stuff on hand built
I'm the only builder here and I have a list behind me to fill so like I said you can get with Jason he can work with u he does his own thing and do your install and so forth cause I'm only a metal fab shop
But Jason deals a lot with installs. I tried to help and direct u
ME...You are a scam artist. I will let EVERYONE know how you TRIED to scam me. If you don't carry it in stock, then you don't need paid for something you don't have. When I was a paying customer you were ready to take my money. Now,because I have read how undesirable a character you are taking people's money and not delivering goods, you're not interested. YOU ARE A SCAM ARTIST.
Bruce...Ok that's fine
Tons of shop take money for builds and that's how we work
Have good one
But that's why thing shop charges double cause they carry on hand so I guess that's what we should do
Did I not state we were two weeks out on the build??
When I spoke to u?
But I've learned my lesson and that why the prices are all being raised so we can support a better customer service and keep builds on hand.. But thank u
62subhatch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Buyer beware!!!!! I purchased a type 3 front disk brake kit from them.They said two weeks , well took them five weeks and me calling them every day. finally five weeks later, i get them open the box and see the brackets for the calipers they looked scary, no support when they bolt on!!!! I called them and told them , they told me we never had any horror stories. so i did a little research , they had a couple of them. There drop spindles not welded correctly and broke , i seen it with my own eyes !!So i found Russel at old speed in paramount ca , he hook me up with the real stuff !! REMEMBER YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET FOR, HOW MUCH IS YOUR OR ANY BODY LIFE WORTH RIDING IN YOUR VW .
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

62subhatch wrote:
YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET FOR

Pad pin came out halfway up a mountain. The kit I got came with pre-rusted wheel bearings, the rotors were pre-warped and the mounting brackets don't seem like they were made in a jig. I admit that I should have rejected the order before I placed it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintagevdubstheshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

@Brian
We are very sorry to hear what happened! What a scary thing!
Unfortunately, the pin coming out doesn't have anything to do with our kit. There is a pin in every caliper sold, regardless of manufacturer or supplier. When installed on your vehicle, the pin must not have been tightened properly. This is not on our company or our parts. It's on the installer, sorry to say. Also, if we're not mistaken, we believe you received one extra caliper with your order that was never returned to us. We'd suggest you replace the bad one with the extra one you've already got.
Again, we are very sorry to hear of this happening to you, but it is a installation error, not a problem with Vintage V-dubs or our parts.
Have a great day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
vintagevdubstheshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

@Robert Anderson
Bruce stated to you in the very first conversation you had that every order is built to order and we're, at minimum, two weeks out. Compared to our competitors, we have far better prices. We are a small shop with a small staff so we're able to keep our prices affordable. All shops require at least a deposit to begin a custom build...as do we. I tried to direct you to Jason to discuss and place your order and possible install. He is a supplier of our products, has some inventory on hand and does the installs in his shop.
We are sorry this business relationship did not develop. But it is in no way unreasonable to charge up front for a custom built product!
Have a great day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
petervalle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Here is my bad experience with Vintage V-dubs. I did not read all these comments before ordering. I search around for good prices on VW parts and found the website.

On March 29, 2016 I received the email confirmation of my order for 2 lowered trailing arms for my 69 Bay Window. 4-5 Weeks later I receive the trailing arms. The bushings are not correct and cant install them. Asked for the correct trailing arm and they said "no problem, we ship the correct ones and you ship us the wrong ones back in the same box" I said, great!. End of April comes around very quick and still no trailing arms. A few calls back and forth and they said we will ship today, will ship tomorrow, will ship monday,...a few more weeks go by and I modified my old trailing arms.

I called back to cancel my order and instead get a set of adjustable spring plates. They said, "no problem, sorry for the inconvenience", and they gave me a huge discount, Great again!. Mid May comes around, called a few times and same answer, they will be shipped on monday. 2 mondays go by and they tell me the plates are not welded up yet. Will be ready next monday. Against my better judgement I tell them to send me a 4" narrowed beam together in the same shipment. They say it is in stock and will ship right away.

It is June 15th and still no tracking number, no status update and no return calls. I call almost every day for the past two weeks, multiple messages and no return calls. A few times the lady answers the phone and she tells me "as soon as I get back to the shop I will tell Bruce to call you".
Finally told her today to refund my money (which is around $900) if they have not been shipped yet 10am, called back 4pm and left message, still no return call. We have a vacation planned with the Bus and the date gets closer and I am still waiting on parts.

UPDATE!!!!a few hours after this post I received an email from Bruce. He apologized, explained and gave me an update on the order. Then a few minutes later received the tracking number for the order. Don't know if it was this post or the voicemails but finally some progress.
64notcho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

transaction was shit!! paid for my parts for my double cab we agreed I would pay half and the remainder when it was shipped. did not hesitate to pay but my order came with incomplete I picked up my beam from another guy he sent my beam with than opened it up and half my shit was not in there. got nothing but pieces to my order I would not do business with this again or even think about recommending him to anyone. I don't know how people can continue to post or even be in business for that matter with a work ethic like this guy he's a joke!
vintagevdubstheshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Vintage V-dubs appreciates its customers and we try to fill as many orders as we can in a timely manner. We are a small shop and have low staff. All custom parts are hand crafted and take several weeks to produce. We appreciate your understanding of this. As well, we will be more active in communication with our customers through Samba and other formats.
ManFromNapa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I've dealt with Vintage Vdubs on multiple transactions. Bruce has always been great on price, I've been happy with the product, and his customer service was excellent.

Past transactions:

IRS Conversion Kit for my split bus - Kit had EVERYTHING except brakes. Took a little while to get them, but he let me know it would be about 2 weeks before shipping as he would have to fabricate the parts. Had a few issues installing this kit as it was my first time doing a conversion like this. Bruce was happy answer all of my questions and give me tips to get it right.

Rear Disc Conversion kit: Bought this along side the IRS conversion. Everything went together fine. Again, I had a couple of questions, and Bruce answered them.

BRM Wheels: Great price, FAST shipping

Flipped Spindles for my split bus - These took a little while, but he gave me a heads up about that.

I have no complaints about Vintage Vdubs and the quality of his products.

Check out my band, Thru The Haze
http://www.thruthehazeband.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintagevdubstheshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

ManFromNapa wrote:
I've dealt with Vintage Vdubs on multiple transactions. Bruce has always been great on price, I've been happy with the product, and his customer service was excellent.

Past transactions:

IRS Conversion Kit for my split bus - Kit had EVERYTHING except brakes. Took a little while to get them, but he let me know it would be about 2 weeks before shipping as he would have to fabricate the parts. Had a few issues installing this kit as it was my first time doing a conversion like this. Bruce was happy answer all of my questions and give me tips to get it right.

Rear Disc Conversion kit: Bought this along side the IRS conversion. Everything went together fine. Again, I had a couple of questions, and Bruce answered them.

BRM Wheels: Great price, FAST shipping

Flipped Spindles for my split bus - These took a little while, but he gave me a heads up about that.

I have no complaints about Vintage Vdubs and the quality of his products.

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure doing business with you and we hope to hear from you again soon!
Sincerely,
Vintage V-Dubs
STPUte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum

I've got a great rat Split Screen Single Cab ute with a healthy 1916cc Stan Pobjoy motor to keep up with the traffic Smile

About a year ago I looked around at the options to upgrade the front suspension to wishbones and at the same time add some big brakes
I ended up purchasing from Vintage V-Dubs and paid (quite a lot) in October 2015 for the complete front end and 'performance option' brakes, Porsche 944 discs, Willwood 4 pot calipers etc. I was told it would be ready to go in a couple of weeks !!!!
After many promises the package was finally delivered in March 2016 (5 months, although 1 month for sea freight) basically dumped onto an old wooden pallet (the team at VVD had delayed numerous times as they were building a carton !), missing many parts including hubs, steering links, steering column, brake calipers etc etc,
I sent many pictures and a long list back to Bruce and the rest of team and have been chasing either the rest of the parts to finish this off or a refund. I had a few responses with various excuses but no action.
Now VVD have gone silent to my requests for some action for the last 6 weeks
I'm out of pocket quite a few $ (more in Aussie dollars and the shipping and customs that I have paid)
I have the full chain of emails and VVD responses in case they are needed

Looking at the comments in the forum, the comments seem to be at either end of the spectrum, I wish I had read this first !
Have others that have had problems with VVD ever had there issues resolved ?, if so how ?. Alternately should I seek legal, criminal action ?.

Moving forward and assuming that I have been scammed by these guys, has anyone installed one of the VVD kits and have pictures that they can share so I can source the missing parts, calipers and brackets, the steering link shaft between the corner box at the bottom of the column, rear hubs, handbrake assembly etc.

Appreciate your assistance, I was really looking forward to getting these items installed, instead now I am a bit disenchanted by the entire VW.
In many years of purchasing from overseas for various cars this is the first time I have ever had issues.

Pete
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: