Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paypal claim help....
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

VeeDubDoug wrote:
I really have no time to waste for this BS.
This happened after work last Thursday. Lady said she didn't see me...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks everone, i'll keep you posted.

Shit happens in 3's- so one more pile and your safe for a while----

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

VeeDubDoug wrote:
The number at the top of the customs slip does nothing on the USPS site.

I'm going to head to the post office and see what I can do if I get off work at a decent time tomorrow.

Bummer on the car damage.

I hope they can help you at the desk instead.

I checked my last international shipment (printed from Paypal) and the tracking # works on http://usps.com
It doesn't say delivered though or have any foreign country information but it may not have arrived there yet.
It says it's in LA, which is most likely the USA export point from my location.
I say all that just to give you some information if you do get something you can look up or if they give you some sort of partial status.

My opinion if you shipped on July 5, 2016:
It may have gotten there or maybe not, sometimes there are weird delays for no apparent reason and I don't think the guy should have opened a dispute yet.

I don't even think the Post Office considers it lost for at least 30 days.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Well this morning I recieved an email from ebay saying he closed the case. He must have recieved it finally.

Lesson learned and I hope more can learn from this.

Bottom line... Tracking covers both seller as well as the buyer.
ALWAYS GET TRACKING, PERIOD!

I will continue to sell here on thesamba and was too quick to blame PayPal.

Thank you everone for your insight and help. It was much appreciated!

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the USPS doesn't offer tracking for international packages and the customs number is not tracking. Other shipping sources like DHL do offer international tracking. USPS has no control over the package once it leaves US customs afaik. Maybe using a service other than the post office would be a good idea in the future.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
I'm pretty sure the USPS doesn't offer tracking for international packages and the customs number is not tracking. Other shipping sources like DHL do offer international tracking. USPS has no control over the package once it leaves US customs afaik. Maybe using a service other than the post office would be a good idea in the future.

Yes, youre right. I spoke with usps shortly last night over the phone. They are no longer tracked once it leaves the US.

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thats great news- as these can take for ever---

Good ending.- that guy was just paranoid- also I've had packages "magically" appear after going to their web site (UPS) and inquiring.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

VeeDubDoug wrote:
I shipped on 7/5/16... It has been a while.

20 days is not long enough. On overseas shipments it could be 6-8 weeks for delivery. You need to ask PayPal what the waiting period is.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

VeeDubDoug wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:

Yes, youre right. I spoke with usps shortly last night over the phone. They are no longer tracked once it leaves the US.

Yes, that is true, although I have seen some of my older customs #s say delivered in the past. I have never seen detailed shipping updates once it leaves the USA though.

The people above are correct in that real tracking is very expensive.
I think it's rare people do that.
I think I only did it once when someone was willing to pay for it as the sale was over $1000 of stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
VeeDubDoug wrote:
I shipped on 7/5/16... It has been a while.

20 days is not long enough. On overseas shipments it could be 6-8 weeks for delivery. You need to ask PayPal what the waiting period is.

Agree, sometimes things go wacky and it takes forever.
This is true for stuff coming from Europe to the USA too.

I wonder if Paypal would even consider a case closed without waiting quite a bit more time on International shipments.

They will lock the money up as this guy found out.
If you think about it, that makes sense.
Lock the funds so it doesn't disappear and then release it when it arrives (or not).
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I sold $1000 of old lab equipment to an address in New York after receiving payment in PayPal, transferred to my bank, sent it FedEx with tracking number, two months ago, was fine.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Sending stuff in USA thru companies that offer tracking in the price has nothing to do with sending across the pond without tracking Wink
Doesn't USPS offer full time tracking to some locations?
I've had international packages get held up in local customs for awhile before they were released.+
And yes PAYPAL claims suck sometimes. I sold a turn signal switch to a person here. They received it, installed decided it did not work. Proceeded to take it apart then file a claim against me. I ended up having to refund the money. This claim was full of lies from the get go and I still payed for it.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I sold on Car on Ebay for a client. Stupidly accepted Pay Pal although my Ad said no Pay Pal ( before it was required) Shipped car to New Jersey from California. Customer started bitching even before car was delivered. Once delivered he said it didn't run correctly and you name it.
I paid the seller his money,about 6k which left about 300 dollars in my account. I woke the next morning to a 6K overdraft on my Checking account. Those bastards back charged me because of a disputed sale. The seller made me whole while I dealt with this.
I had let my C/C expire on purpose and always paid my fees from my PP account and never on a CC. They found a way into my checking account through Ebay.
There was a lot of back and forth between me and PP, sending documents and reviewing the ad and my description. After about 3 weeks of this the seller had the car picked up and shipped to him In Florida. Case closed we thought.
61 day after the sale, I wake up to an Email from PP that they found in my favor and did a full refund. I contacted my PP rep and thanked her and asked her if she knew that we had picked up the car and the buyer no longer had it? There was a moment of silence on her part and she said she would look into it and call me back. I never heard from her again. The seller ended up with the car back and the money.
Lesson learned, only spend money you have in your account. When your C/C expires don't give PP any new info and if you have a Checking account or other monetary link close it. I still have the same account I had when I opened my account 15 years ago. They have the upper hand and you have no control once they take your money.
In the end, right won but it was nerve racking.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Your situation of the buyer complaining and doing a chargeback is exactly why I tell people never to accept Paypal for a vehicle.
Along with the fees involved.

On eBay you can accept a car deposit via Paypal and those are supposed to be non-refundable / no dispute can be opened but I haven't had to verify that myself.

I personally use a separate bank account for Paypal that I keep only the minimum in to keep it open.

Vehicles sales I use a wire transfer.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

I agree about the bank account, but if you do not pull money out of it to buy things and only use available funds for purchases I would close the account. they require that you have an account, they have no way of knowing if it is active.
Don't give those thieves the chance to do to you what they did to me.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

16CV's wrote:
I woke the next morning to a 6K overdraft on my Checking account.

This is why the bank acct you link to your PP acct should only be used for PP purposes. When you sell something, you should then go into your bank acct and transfer it to a different account, leaving your PP linked acct at zero always. That way, when PP decides to steal the money from you, the bank acct you have linked is empty. It is in their terms that you authorize them to take $ from your bank acct whenever they want. But they cannot ask your bank to let them take money from any other accounts you might have that they don't know about.

If you linked the account you use every day for your other purposes, you're kinda screwed. You now have to open up a new checking acct for your daily use, and let the original one be for PP use. Usually this is a lot of paperwork since you may have automatic payments or direct deposits setup that you will have to change. If you think you'll just open a new acct and go into your PP and change the acct you have linked to them, this won't work. They WILL remember the old acct and go into it to steal $ when they find the linked acct is zero.

Another important detail to remember is overdraft. Make sure the bank account you link to PP has NO overdraft whatsoever.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal claim help.... Reply with quote

Or easier yet, don't accept PayPal.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: