Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Muffler Recommedation
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
FL-Frank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Muffler Recommedation Reply with quote

Looking for a new muffler for my 1967 Beetle.

If I'm unable to locate a German NOS unit, who sells the best quality, best fitting reproduction muffler for my application?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sludge20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Muffler Recommedation Reply with quote

I ran the one from Chirco for quite a while without complaints. However, I switched to an aftermarket a bit back.
diablosandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Muffler Recommedation Reply with quote

I saw this on eBay. Ernst is the best and this one is from 74. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-West-German-ERNST-...mp;vxp=mtr

Casey
OLD VW NUT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Muffler Recommedation Reply with quote

For a stock look and well built stainless I'd look at what John has on aircooled.net.

This one looks good IMO. If I were looking for stock style in stainless steel thats tough to beat. You'll need 'J' pipes and tail pipes to match. CIP1 carries Dansk which get good reviews. I wouldn't touch EMPI exhaust with a 10' pole. They were bad 25 years ago when I last bought one of their exhausts.

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Vintage-Speed-SS-Stock-Muffler-113-251-053VS-p/113-251-053vs.htm

diablosandwich wrote:
I saw this on eBay. Ernst is the best and this one is from 74. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-West-German-ERNST-...mp;vxp=mtr

Casey

That would be an excellent choice for a single stock carb. It has the correct plumbing for getting circulation under the manifold for preventing icing.

Other car - 2013 VW Golf TDI
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Muffler Recommedation Reply with quote

If you have your heart set on an NOS one, put up a "WTB" ad in the classifieds.

Otherwise would go with what Wolfsburg West has to offer.
FL-Frank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Muffler Recommedation Reply with quote

diablosandwich wrote:

Casey

Thank you for the link...I decided to buy this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: