Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattJay1991
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs Reply with quote

Hi guys

I'm looking for some Volkswagen parts lists/manuals. (The ones in blue folders that were supplied to dealers back in the day) English ones only please.

Looking for any Bay window, split screen or beetle ones. Any years and other models considered. Looking for originals, photocopies or PDF's.

I've got some PDF's I can trade. Looking for upgrades or to fill any gaps in my collections ready for a project I'm working on.

I've seen the ones in the classifieds, just wondered if anyone's got any sores which aren't up for sale.

Cheers

Also, does anyone know if parts manuals were produced for Mk2 Golf and Polos?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs Reply with quote

Your title was edited to be less of a "wanted ad" since those are not allowed in the Forums.

It would probably be more useful to know what you have or are actively looking for rather than a "anything" post.

I'm assuming you already have the ones from this site and from http://oacdp.com/ ?

The workshop manuals are often still copyrighted so that may be an issue.

Quote:
does anyone know if parts manuals were produced for Mk2 Golf and Polos?

I don't know but wouldn't that be past the time of printed manuals?
I feel like everything was on microfiche by that time.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MattJay1991
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Your title was edited to be less of a "wanted ad" since those are not allowed in the Forums.

It would probably be more useful to know what you have or are actively looking for rather than a "anything" post.

I'm assuming you already have the ones from this site and from http://oacdp.com/ ?

Thanks for that.

I'm ideally looking for a late bay parts manual (1973 onwards)

The only one I've found is microfiche. I just thought i'd try my luck and see what's around! Very Happy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs Reply with quote

MattJay1991 wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Thanks for that.

I'm ideally looking for a late bay parts manual (1973 onwards)

The only one I've found is microfiche. I just thought i'd try my luck and see what's around! Very Happy

I'm no Bay Window parts book expert but I don't know if there is one?
I'd be interested to know.

I have a '68 Bus parts book, it has some updates to 1972 but I don't see anything later in it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs Reply with quote

In all my many years of collecting VW literature/manuals I've never seen a late Bay parts book.
It took a while for the penny to drop, but it's because VW went over to the microfiche system in the early 70s. This affects the Bay bus the most as it came about halfway through the production run. With the Type 3, Beetle and Ghia parts manuals the whole production cycle is just about covered.
So I bought an ex-dealer microfiche reader plus the fiches in 2000 when they switched to CD roms. Soon learned that the later fiches were of little use as they don't show any part numbers for parts that had been deleted by then - which was often the case. So via eBay, VW shows and the samba I've tracked down the actual 70s fiches that show nearly all the part numbers before the deletions took hold.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs Reply with quote

Thanks vwed.

I've found that is true of some of the later printed parts books too.
For instance the 1967 Bus parts book, which is scanned and online, has lots of "superceded" numbers in there.
Sometimes if you want you really know the exact part # or color that was used on an earlier Bus, you need to go to back to an earlier version and look things up.
For instance I have a '63 Bus parts book that wasn't really updated and there are some different listings in there.
Jo.R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Parts Manuals - Originals or PDFs Reply with quote

http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/catalogues/TransporterT2/index-sd.html#/6

VW Classic Parts Center - Service - Free Downloads there!

http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/catalogues_spareparts
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: