Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1973 2-pin caliper rebuild kit
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: 1973 2-pin caliper rebuild kit Reply with quote

I need to rebuild the caliper pistons on my 73 squareback but original kits aren't available in my part of the world. I simply need the rubber parts. Which other ACVW's kit would fit? Or even other german car's?
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1973 2-pin caliper rebuild kit Reply with quote

The late type 3 front caliper.......is identical (same part #)......as the EARLY 411/412 and Porsche 914.

So....if you are looking at the parts books.....VW 411 and 412 UNTIL August of 1972.....but not after. Same part # breqk for Porsche 914.

Now.....if you want just the rubber parts......you can use the kits from all years of VW 411 and 412 and Porsche 914.

But....really you do not want just the rubber. You want kits with new bolts and locking plates and the anti-rotation/anti-vibration plates......and especially the rubber seals between the caliper halves.....and lastly you want the hardware kit.....new pins and springs.

My best two sources are Rockauto.com and PMB Performance.

If you look in the 411/412 forum and search on my name I posted a rebuild pictorial with part # links. It's actually halfway down the first page on the forum from June 28th.

Its called vw type 3 and 4 caliper rebuild parts 1 and 2.
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: