Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Should an early '84 have a power steering pressure switch?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
summer samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Should an early '84 have a power steering pressure switch? Reply with quote

Hi
I have an 84 camper GL Wolfsburg with disconnected AC .
I just noticed I have no power steering switch, there is one connected solenoid up above the air box but no switch at the pump. Was this stock?
I thought AC and power steering had 2 solenoids.
Westified
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Should an early '84 have a power steering pressure switch? Reply with quote

Some vans had one solenoid and later ones had 2. Mine has one which is for the Idle Stablizer Valve for Air Conditioning. I also thought I should have 2 or that the Idle stablizer was for the power steering. It was not. It is for my A/C. Try turning your steering wheel all the way lock to lock. See if your idle changes. I bet it doesn't. Then turn on your A/C and unplug the solenoid. You should hear your idle change.
summer samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Should an early '84 have a power steering pressure switch? Reply with quote

Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: