Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rockford CV boot for a Vanagon?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rockford CV boot for a Vanagon? Reply with quote

I found this brand quite awhile ago (ironically on Rock Auto at the time) and did some research and felt they might be the way to go. Fast forward to this week, and decided to get them. I bought them from T3 Technique along with enough other stuff for free shipping.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
Ekayser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Rockford CV boot for a Vanagon? Reply with quote

Just had 3 out 4 new Rockford CV boots fail, only a month old. It appears to be a manufacture issue, the CV grease came out where the rubber boot is clamped to the flange. Either the clamp was not tighten enough or the flange was not round so unequal clamp pressure. Called Rockford they blew me off. And The supplier T Technique I purchased them from also blew me off.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Rockford CV boot for a Vanagon? Reply with quote

I bought a set from T3 technique with 3 bellows and they failed within a year. I now have a 4 bellow rockford boot that I bought from Van Cafe. I think its very important that these boots are 4 bellow, like the one below, instead of 3 and also crimping them onto the 'rings' of the axle.
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Rockford CV boot for a Vanagon? Reply with quote

I wish I knew what brand of boots I used in 2003 - those are still fine. I'll look for any name or mfg marks.

I never use a clamp on the small end.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: